Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so im out in my driveway installing the mugs, i got them out and everything. But when i was putting the HID looks in and pluging the wireing harness up i noticed there was another plug for something. What is that????? and also the only light that i can get to come on is the Angel Eye... my other bulb doesnt come on. I haven't turned the car On and tried it, but i did turn the key all the way forward w/out starting it. Please Help Me!!!!! it's raining outside right now so i got some time to sit here and discuss this.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Hope I can help... These lights should be plug and play. I borrowed some pictures from stargazers site to help you.

You should have only needed to remove the socket and plug it into the same socket in the HID Looks. Ensure the plugs [one per HID Look] are installed in the correct ordination. They should only go in one way. Not sure about angel eyes since mine didn't come with them, unless you are talking about the city lights, then your plug might be installed incorrectly. The other socket is for the leveling motors [if you have them]. Hopefully, someone else will have better pictures...

HTH,
John.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The plug receptacle in between the high and low beam covers on the rear is for the leveling motor wiring. To plug the lights themselves in, you will use the plug receptacle closer to the end of the housing. You will have to move that small wire in the wiring harness to get the city lights to work, but it requires no cutting, splicing, etc.
I hope they are working ok for you. PM me with any concerns. Joe.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much guys for all ur help. I figured it all out, that second plug for the leveling motors just confused the hell out of me. And an angel eye is the smooth round bulb housing in the HID looks. The DRL on the HID look is the Angel Eye

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Cool. Now you'll need to upgrade to HIDs. Come to the dark side and join the GB. You can not resist :evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.