Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 05 Wagon GLS 4 motion with the 1.8 turbo.
Broken spring on back, and other is about to go.

Local mechanic said the don't make OEM anymore and I was SOL unless
I could find some springs.

https://www.stsuspensions.com/products/st-suspensions-01-05-vw-passat-3bg-b5-5-wagon-4-motion-66345.html

I found these, he said I need to find out if the "plates?" need to be changed before he knows if they would work.

I've looked all over but unable to find info on that, if anyone could let me know if these springs would work, and if I would need anything else
to make them work it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

·
Registered
27,226 Posts
Those are lowering springs for a 4Mo. If you don't want the car lowered, they will only work if you buy coilovers. If your shocks are original, I suggest getting them replaced at the same time as lowering springs will not work well with 15 year old shocks.
You should not need any "plates". I am guessing he meant camber plates.

Reactions: HamWagon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are lowering springs for a 4Mo. If you don't want the car lowered, they will only work if you buy coilovers. If your shocks are original, I suggest getting them replaced at the same time as lowering springs will not work well with 15 year old shocks.
You should not need any "plates". I am guessing he meant camber plates.
Thanks for the reply. I'm ok with the stated lowering of 1.2 inches. So I should be good with those coils, and new shocks. I appreciate the info on the camber plates as well.

·
Registered
27,226 Posts
Are you installing them yourself? If so, start to spray all of the bolts down with penetrating oil (PBblaster) or Rust Buster as they will be rusted in place. There are writeups in the Info Forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts