·
Registered
27,066 Posts
V6 vacuum reservoir.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was attached to the side of the radiator and it looks like red fluid was coming out so I was thinking either power steering

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Can't be power steering. That is NOT connected to the radiator.
If your car has an automatic transmission, and those lines were hooked up to the passengers side rear of the radiator they are transmission oil lines.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Reactions: Warmecka

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AHA code V6 to be exact.
Thank you looks like just the vaccumm cap on it broke hopefully I can get it replaced at auto parts store so I can re attach the hose to it... Yes that is what it is I will have to refill transmission then, hopefully there is a dipstick

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Thank you looks like just the vaccumm cap on it broke hopefully I can get it replaced at auto parts store so I can re attach the hose to it... Yes that is what it is I will have to refill transmission then, hopefully there is a dipstick
Sorry, there is no dipstick.

ATF & Filter change. taligentx.com: Passat - ATF & Filter Replacement

When checking ATF level.
1. Car must be level.
2. Engine must be running.
3. ATF temp should be 35-45° C. (95-113° F)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Thank you looks like just the vaccumm cap on it broke hopefully I can get it replaced at auto parts store so I can re attach the hose to it...
Not from an auto parts store you won't. You'll have to find a used one from a salvage yard.

Vacuum Canister

There are also a number of members here that have cars they are parting out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not from an auto parts store you won't. You'll have to find a used one from a salvage yard.

Vacuum Canister

There are also a number of members here that have cars they are parting out.

So the white nipple thing that goes in the black rubber gromet on top of the canister I can't get from auto parts store? That is the only thing that is broken on it

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Nope.
You might be able to get some kind of plastic fitting that just happens to fit inside the rubber grommet, but the actual original piece, not from the auto parts store.

There are a few members currently parting out cars, I'll contact one of them and I'll see if they have that part.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope.
You might be able to get some kind of plastic fitting that just happens to fit inside the rubber grommet, but the actual original piece, not from the auto parts store.

There are a few members currently parting out cars, I'll contact one of them and I'll see if they have that part.

Okay thanks, I am willing to pay for fast shipping this is holding up my completion of the work I was doing on the Passat, if he also has the hose that goes to it I will buy that as well

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
AHA code V6 to be exact.
It was also used on the B5 ATQ. Later models switched to the style like the 1.8T, a canister under the fender liner.
You can use standard vacuum line for it. I'll have to check the garage to see if I still have my old reservoir from when I swapped the motor.

Reactions: Warmecka

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
It was also used on the B5 ATQ.
Correct. Forgot about that. I always just assume if it's a B5 with a V6, it's an AHA.
I actually checked the Bentley, ATQ was introduced in 10/99.

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
I've go the part and can ship Monday. PM Sent.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would like to thank everyone who commented on this post and helped me get my Passat going love this community and love you all!! 👍👍💪💪💪💪

1 - 16 of 16 Posts