Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title said, please help me id where is the oil coming from. I noticed some wet oil around the end of the black pipe that connects to the intercooler. So I opened it up and sure enough some oil came down, not a lot about 10 paper towel worth of clean up. I believe this could be the oil spit out from the turbo or maybe some kind of seal before the turbo went bad? I am just taking wild guesses. Anyone have had this issue and might know where this is coming from? Auto part Fuel line Pipe Engine Automotive fuel system

· Registered
812 Posts
It's normal, your breather system goes back to the intake, where all those oily fumes condese and grease up the intake system. True that if turbo is bad it would leak oil as well, but that usually causes other symptoms. Also, it would be a good idea to take the throttle body off and clean it from time to time.

· PassatWorld Elder
28,081 Posts
Yes, that reduces a lot of the oil in the intake. It's also worse on the larger turbos, so most big turbo setups include catch cans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.