Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for black on anthracite w/ 5-spd. manual and flexible on some options but need the Cold Weather Package. Will travel for the right deal, no luck here in Columbus. Thanks for the help networking.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Your best bet is to work through a dealer in a larger meto area to find an exact model. I was able to get the model I wanted with all the features this way. It wasn't necessarily any more expensive either, since the Passat supply is greater than say a Phaeton or such. Most dealerships would be willing to do a 1 for 1 swap just for color. Although when I bought mine back in May black was in very short supply on the 4motion. Since then I have seen quite a few on the lot... I live right behind the dealership. Most are autos though and not 5spd.

·
Registered
436 Posts
chucchinchilla said:
I thought you could only get 4-Motion in auto?
cars.com and set range to maximum (500 miles or something)
the '04.5 GLS 1.8T 4motions are available in manual. Harder to find but they are out there, variants are very hard to find. I couldnt get a decent deal on one and went with tip because it was 2k less for the same car with auto vs manual.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I found a wagon - automatic at Larry Simmons VW. This is 85 miles away in WV.

Specifications: 2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon 4dr Wagon GLS 4MOTION Auto
Price: $28,105
Mileage: 2
Transmission: Automatic
Engine: 1.8L 4 cyl Turbo Fuel Injected
Exterior: BLUE / GRAPHITE
Interior: GRAY LEATHERETTE
Stock Number: 4V2386
VIN: WVWVD63B34E262386

I did an internet search of every VW dealership within 200 miles of Columbus (yes, I'm bored) and this was the only GLS 4-Motion Passat available. Good luck!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Too bad you dont live in Mass...I think quirk had 30 or so the last time I was there.

You can probably get them to do a dealer swap. If I were you I would just wait until the 05 comes out in a month or two. I dont know if they will be coming with manuals but they are coming with bigger rims no more 15"ers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I thought the '05's weren't due in Europe until early 2005 and later here. I also read that all engines will be transverse mounted. That means no more torsen differentials...all haldex.

RiverRipper said:
Too bad you dont live in Mass...I think quirk had 30 or so the last time I was there.

You can probably get them to do a dealer swap. If I were you I would just wait until the 05 comes out in a month or two. I dont know if they will be coming with manuals but they are coming with bigger rims no more 15"ers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.