Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, i have yet to find any good Harley/Motorcycle forms yet and since i know there is a few good riders on this forum i will throw this question out to you guys.

I am looking for a pretty good riding jacket that one will protect me but still look nice for a cruiser and not make me go broke. When i got the bike, The Harley dealership had some great jacket that looked nice and felt good but i had a hard time letting myself out down $500+ for a jacket that was made in China... I want quality if i am spending that type of money.
And while going to the local dealers it seems everyone tells me (most of them sport bike riders) to go Vanson but when i checked there stuff out its about $450+ for any of the jackets i see and that is without adding on Armor and etc.
So my question is for you guys that ride, do you guys really think i need the protection of a Vanson jacket for me to justify the cost.. and my dad is more then willing to pay full for it if it gives me the proper protection but i dont want to make him pay for something since he just got me the bike and I want to buy the jacket out of my money. So is it justifiable to get something that costly or do i have some good alternatives? Do I really need all that protection on a cruiser like the armor and etc or would a simple well build leather jacket cut it? What brands are good but not going to make me broke.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
u can also check at avirex.com (pilot jackets) I think they r cheaper than 500 ...around 300
and Joe rocket or something like that makes bike jackets,but I think they r expensive

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
joe rocket stuff is decent and about 1/2 the cost of vanson ( a GREAT jacket). In hot weather I wear the joe rocket "Phoenix" and in cool/cold weather I have a Dainese 3/4 length textile/kevlar/gore-tex jacket. The "ballistic 4.0" jacket is a great textile jacket for only $180-200, my Dainese was about $600

take a look at ebay or places like ridegear.com, denniskirkoutlet.com for deals, you might be able to find last years joe rocket stuff for cheap (they come out with a new jacket almost every year)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Martz
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing