Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday after driving for about 45 minutes i pulled into a gas station, cut my 99 V6 passat off, ran inside & got some chips came back out and the car wouldnt start. it had been running fine until that point. the radio and everything would come on but the car wouldnt turn over. I took off the battery and had it charged over nite. it was pretty low but held a charge. this morning i replaced the battery and got nothing but a clicking noise and the wipers come on (even from the off position) when i turn the key. there is also a smell maybe like a bad heatercoil of something... im not sure, kinda a gassy, old heater smell.
anyone have any ideas?
also where is the fuse box? maybe one or 3 are burnt out...
thanks.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
i hope not either. what should i check to make sure?
would a bad timingbelt keep it from starting?
the timing belt does not turn on wipers...
so its not your timing belt. and if the timing belt snapped you would probably turn the engine over atlist a couple of times before it would happened.
the fuses are on the driver side on the dashbord. you have to open drivers dor snd you will see a panel on the dash that you have to pop out
if you can hear the starter relay than I gueess its not the starteer(but I would check that first) and I wonder why you wipers go on maybe its some electrical problem
good luck
check the fuses and starter

·
Registered
347 Posts
tellin u mine did the same shit it was fine one minute then nothin brought it to the dealer and they changed 1 coil then it started right up mine was dead and when u turned the key u heard nothing becasue the car did nothing it was also completly dead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts