Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been looking around for wheels I like, and the two styles that grab me are the A4 5-spoke sport wheels on many of the later models (B6, I believe), and Monte Carlos replicas (like those on the Jetta.)

BUT THEN, I read this post:

honestly, if you want summer rubbers, i'm assuming its b/c u want the performance aspect, and in that case you're better off going with lighter rims.

dont get me wrong, i think they look great and i had em for almost a year but traded them after i realized how heavy they were. i believe they're 27lbs/wheel.... and u can easily find 17s in 22lbs (which is still not considered all that light). u'd feel a huge difference losing that unsprung weight...

i think they'd be a great for the winter though.​

So, my response is:

What are some decent looking rims that are lighter? Keep in mind, I like the OEM look, and I like lots of OPEN space in the wheel. That's why the 5-spokes appealed to me a lot.

I don't like anything fancy or busy at all. If anyone's got suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
As you mentioned, you like the look of the Monte Carlos. Here are my old wheels, 17x7 Monte Carlo replicas. They really looked nice I think.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
You could check out my thread, "Got my new wheels today". Sorry, I'm too lazy to learn how grab a link. I'm still recovering from installing a ceiling fan (AND the wiring to run it), so I'm just gonna sit here and be useless for a while.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Those R SWEET !

When I was looking for new wheels I found that the choices for 17" were limited or at least in something that appealed to me. Most of the stuff I liked was not available in 5x112 or was too heavy. I was looking at mostly non OEM which could be why.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts