Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I'm looking for snow tires for some steelies I picked up, pretty sure they're 205 55 R16. I found some Cooper Weathermaster ST2's for $300 with 30 miles on them on a forum, but am not too sure about that because theres not many reviews on them and theyre used.. Regardless, I'm still looking for the best price for the best tire. I've checked into General Altimax Arctics, but the lowest price I can find is $100 each. Is that the best I can do for the winter set-up? Any help would be much appreciated! :bowdown:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure if theyre off a passat or not however. Just know theyre 16" and 5x112, as far as that goes, is that the only size they could be?

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Im not sure if theyre off a passat or not however. Just know theyre 16" and 5x112, as far as that goes, is that the only size they could be?
Is a rim spec number .. not a tire number ... as far as winter tires go you can't really go bad .. all will be a lot better than all seasons. You say thay have 30 miles on them? I Googled them and didn't see anything bad...

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,619 Posts
Id say for winter driving if you want all around great tire get the wintersport M3's. they are the best I have used .
Ride great also.
If too much then look on tire rack and read reviews. thats How I buy tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts