Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me out guys, I have a 99 1.8T GLS Passat. I've never had any brake problems until i had my brakes adjusted and had the pads replaced. Soon after my brake service (1 week after), my "BRAKE" and "ABS" lights began flashing along with a beeping sound. These lights flash for a minute or so and go away. Minutes or hours later the lights will come back on. Could this problem be related to my recent brake service? or what can it be? My car is recently at the dealer (Carmax) accessing the problem but their computer can't seem to find what the problem is. Any advise or help will be much appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Did Carmax scan with Vag-com? Before you get it repaired, you should have someone scan the ABS module with Vag-com to make sure it's not another problem. There should be members in the Houston area that would help. There's a Vag-com locator in the Info Base forum. Also, look in the Info Base forum for procedure to remove the module.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.