Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking to get a exhaust for my v6, while my car was up on lift yesterday notice what looks like two 2 cataliytic converters on my car.
All exhaust catback systems i've seen only shows hooking up to one. Is thier some mods you have to do to make those systems work. I have a
99 v6 5sp

·
Registered
177 Posts
nope, it just that most of the pictures are generic pictures of their products. Which exhaust manufaturer are you going with? Most expensive kits will start from both of the cats, some of the more affordable kits will just bolt on after the Y-pipe. What kind of exhaust are you looking at again?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Here you can see how it looks Cat converter (on old set) from left block of V6 4Mo.Same is from right side. They end up in resonator and after that on 2 mufflers (4Mo only)

here you can see resonator part and further again 2 pipes ending on 2 mufflers(on new pipes no cats at all)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Oettinger only sells mufflers and not a full cat-back exhaust.

You could go for a Brospeed Bosal Exhaust - stainless steel for $320, you just have to search for it. Blackwaq has it on his car, looks nice!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, looking for a catback exhaust, really didn't have a preference on which one. Not like thier alot to choose from. So the catback exhaust would also replace the mid muffler also?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
mccccoleman said:
Thanks guys, looking for a catback exhaust, really didn't have a preference on which one. Not like thier alot to choose from. So the catback exhaust would also replace the mid muffler also?
Yes, the bosal would replace the mid muff also...good luck man, n keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
the two cats "merge" into one single 2.5" pipe... do whatever you want from that merge-point onwards...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts