Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a b5.5 with a monsoon radio. I bought the car with the dash falling off because the dealer that replaced the evap coil basically broke every clip possible. My radio is bacially hanging out of the slot and i am thinking they broke the support behind the radio but am unsure what to look for. Eventually i am going to replace the whole dash but i just want a temporary fix. Is there a bracket or some kind of support the radio slides into besides the radio bezel? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
973 Posts
search for some dash removal/heater core replacement threads and you'll probably find some pictures. I had some but they are long gone....
To remove the radio should require 'radio removal tools' or some home-brewed ones. The radio slides into rails and there are spring-loaded tabs on the sides of the radio to lock it in place. If it's just flopping around I'd just tape it in or something. Taking the dash apart is a big job and if the evaporator came out that means the entire airbox came out and just about anything could be broken. It's been a while and my memory isn't perfect but I think there is a metal bracket or two that screws in somewhere to hold the radio. That is one of the easier parts of the whole dash removal saga so if that's hosed, I would expect lots of other parts to be ruined as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the clips are broken. The dash isn't a big deal to me, just got to find time to do it. Just looking for a temp fix before doing it. Looks actually pretty straight foward, I know it's intimating for most

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts