Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an intake from a 2001.5 V6 engine with 40,000 miles with many parts like the injectors fuel rail, etc available.

Also Have a flywheel for sale. Automatic.

And an EGR Valve

PM if you need any parts.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
If that was done at the factory it would have overheated before 40k miles wouldn't it? You have to be careful spinning the filter on and off. I have turned the oil cooler by removing and installing the oil filter on changes.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that was done at the factory it would have overheated before 40k miles wouldn't it? You have to be careful spinning the filter on and off. I have turned the oil cooler by removing and installing the oil filter on changes.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.
Thanks for the tip, but it's definately a factory defect. I checked that after I pulled the engine. My oil cooler is so tight there is no way in hell it could have moved with me changing the oil.

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
this is something i never want to see
VW bites balls sometimes with not covering shit.

·
Registered
28,365 Posts
How much for the fan pulley and bracket ? (right center of 2nd pic).

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yeah, the Boardwalk VW in Redwood City are scumbags. I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction after about one minute of dealing with their salespeople.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, the Boardwalk VW in Redwood City are scumbags. I ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction after about one minute of dealing with their salespeople.
Thank you, I knew it wasn't just me. They are total friggin' idiots!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No way is that factory...it never would have left it. Thats from someone twisting the crappy fram oil filter. I think he said dealer...but who ever did that should have been sued for that one
Thanks for your thoughts, but yes, it is possible for VW to make a mistake. They aren't perfect you know. I checked the oil cooler, and it was so tight, there is no way it could have been moved by changing a filter. If your theory were correct than the kink would go the other way. Seems impossible to cause the kink by loosening the filter, don't you think? Definately installed wrong. There are no slots to keep it in the proper place either. The oil cooler is a bad design.

8,184 Posts
Well the reason I say that is mine moves all around when I tighten the oil filter. I can move my oil cooler in a circle to look like your now. So I am always take care in looking for that

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well the reason I say that is mine moves all around when I tighten the oil filter. I can move my oil cooler in a circle to look like your now. So I am always take care in looking for that
Total crap design on that part, huh? VW could have designed that with a few guide pins so that that the oil cooler wouldn't move. I still know for a fact it wasn't my fault.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts