Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

We are looking at a 1.6L engine of a PASSAT Wagon of 2004 with 163000km

Please can you help me identify what may cause this oil spill over the shown parts and what is the name of the incriminated parts, especially that broken protection wiring? So i can plan ahead what parts i should get and what to fix or replace.

I just got this Passat for a good price but it is extremely frustrating trying to find out reference about parts so i end up asking here.

Also, i plan to install an ethanol E85 conversion mod and i have struggled with no success trying to identify what type of injection connectors this engine has, are they Bosch EV1 or EV6 and where are they located?

Any advice and help is very much appreciated, especially links to resources where i can look for more info. Unfortunately, that other forum thread linking to a russian resource website is dead.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

Automotive tire Grey Hood Automotive exhaust Material property

·
Registered
28,965 Posts
The oily parts are from the PCV system. Since the 1.6 was not sold here, I can't give any part numbers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The oily parts are from the PCV system. Since the 1.6 was not sold here, I can't give any part numbers.
that still helps! now i know i will have to look for a pcv and replace it. thanks for the info.

update: it is the oil exhaust gases conduit that is just broken in two! someone have "fixed" it using some duct tape and it is now broken..

due to the age of the vehicle and mileage i was recommended to "bypass" the whole pcv circuit and disconnect the EGR sensor. and i have found already the method how to do it, it is not that complicated. This, somehow should extend the engine's life.

·
Registered
28,965 Posts
It only increases the engine life if you are fixing the vacuum leak and running lean. The PCV is supposed to help clean contaminants out of the oil, which would extend the engines life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts