Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice on cellular family plan - calling CO to Wisconsin

I need some advice which cellular company and plan is the most beneficial for calling between Colorado and Wisconsin. Don't want to have long distance charges. Usage will be around 400 - 600 minutes.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Re: Need advice on cellular family plan - calling CO to Wisconsin (ajchenmph)

Just find the one w/ the best reception where you live, or else you'll be kickin' yourself later when you have to drive somewhere to make a call. Lookout for some promotions. I know AT&T Wireless has unlimited nights and weekends if you buy a plan above the $29.99 plan... I think Cingular has a similar one.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Re: Need advice on cellular family plan - calling CO to Wisconsin (stealthx32)

Boris just have her move here!

Seriously, though, I will ask my hubby for any info he has about the plans they sell through Office Depot and give you the scoop.

~Wen

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Re: Need advice on cellular family plan - calling CO to Wisconsin (Boris)

Boris, what stealth said.

Sprint PCS asks you to pay:

$10 for the second/third, etc. phone on the plan
then, another $10 on the primary phone for the same freakin thing!

So you have $20 to pay, plus the cost of the plan...

Right now, I pay: $95 total w/tax for two phones:

600 daytime min: 7 am - 9 pm, M - F
4000+ night/weeken: 9 pm - 7 am, M - F; all day Sat - Sun
For introductory, there are better deals with all providers:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/servicePlansOptionsV2/PlansOptions.jsp?SELECTED_PLAN_INFO<>PlanFilterSelection=freeClear|familyPlans|2G&SelectedFilter=4

One thing you can consider is that if the other person or the majority of your friends are on one network, then there are specials that providers give you to come aboard and there is no extra charge to talk to them and no use of those precious daytime min.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Re: Need advice on cellular family plan - ... (Boris)

Verizon has a great calling plan, I think it's called America Wide plan.
They have different prices based on usage and I think weekends are free and don't count towards the minutes used.
They are pretty popular here in the Aspen Valley and their service and reception is the best around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts