Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I need a vagcom in the DC area, (I tried vagcom locater but it wouldn't work for me) I will travel pretty far if you can help me asap. I have been having tranny downshift bump problems and I want to try to switch to sport mode and then a TBA before it goes in Monday to get the solenoids checked. Come'onnnnn anyone available tonight??? I can pay or bring a rack of beer...Please help me!

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,743 Posts
Sorry, all I have is the shareware. I can recode and check for fault codes, but can't do TBA's....yet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huhh, well I bought a fake cable off ebay and I am getting the full version for my computer. I don't know if you have anything you want to do if you had the licensed version, but if you want to combine our powers, I will provide the licensed software on my computer and you can provide the cord....

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,906 Posts
Huhh, well I bought a fake cable off ebay and I am getting the full version for my computer. I don't know if you have anything you want to do if you had the licensed version, but if you want to combine our powers, I will provide the licensed software on my computer and you can provide the cord....
doesn't quite work that way.
the license key is actually built into the cable itself.

the later revisions of the program only unlocks when the proper cable is used.
you can carry it between multi comps, so don't worry.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You only need to download and install the shareware version. Then connect to your car to verify the cable and software function. If all's well, them go to the Ross Tech website and pay the $99 for the activation key to type into your shareware. This will fully activate the software.

The cable key is only if you buy the really expensive $200+ package. The only benefit is you can move the software from computer to computer, since the key is in the cable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I couldn't, I was way too impatient with the thought that I was burning up my tranny everytime I hit the road...I brought the car in Friday and the tranny place told me my alternator was bad. It is not. I sprayed down my MAF and bam, problem solved...tranny is smooth as butter.

But I have family coming into town today so that is why I wanted to get it done this weekend. I am going to purchase the software from ross-tech as I am now convinced that everything is controlled by the computers and the stealerships are whores. You still available sometime early this week for me to stop by hahaha? I would like to at least get a lesson from someone who knows how to use the vagcom before I try it out myself and see what the GIAC chip does for the V6...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts