Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
pop the hood, look into the space where the latch connects...

there is a metal cover over the latch point. You'll need to uncover that first.

the latch itself is Y-shaped and you'll need to slide a flat head screwdriver between the Y and spread it to release it from the connecting point.

I'm trying to find a pic, but hopefully that makes sense.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Yea, its really not that hard, but it is sorta trickey to get back on once its off. Make sure to hold the latch open and then use the flat head (the wider the better) to spread it over the two little prong thingys :lol:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see they "Y" and can spread it from under the clip to the left. Do you then need to push from the connecting point on the right and pull it out to remove it? Sorry I am trying on this. I also don't see ant cover on the top just plastic which doesn't seem to want to budge.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See what you mean, got it off and the new grill on. Not enough light to get the thing back on now. It is a bit tricky so tomorrow am I'll get it back to gether, thanks for your help and input guys. Grill and a wetworks read spoiler going on now, keeping my eye out for some 18" wheels and maybe drop it a little. Again thanks for the help and patience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.