Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a QUALITY body shop & exhaust shop in Kansas City Area!

I will be ordering the Full Votex kit from Liberty VW soon, and I need to find a place that will do a high quality install job without ripping me off. Do you think I should have Liberty paint it, or the shop that installs it? I am also thinking of putting some black mesh in the rear diffuser, and would need a body shop willing to do things like that.

I also need another shop that will do custom exhaust work, something like this:

Anyone have some shops in mind?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Is that a Passat? I don't know if you've looked, it'd be really hard to hide the pipes, even with the rear valance. But even your basic meineke could do that job, if you had the room, as no offense, but the exhaust job shown here doesn't look to be of the highest quality joining so many multiple pieces rather than bending a one piece tube. the less welds and joints in a system, the better to reduce leakage and unnessary noise.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chrisyoon said:
Is that a Passat? I don't know if you've looked, it'd be really hard to hide the pipes, even with the rear valance. But even your basic meineke could do that job, if you had the room, as no offense, but the exhaust job shown here doesn't look to be of the highest quality joining so many multiple pieces rather than bending a one piece tube. the less welds and joints in a system, the better to reduce leakage and unnessary noise.
Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll just have to shop the yellow pages since there aren't many B5'ers on here in my area!

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Meineke at 75th and Metcalf installed my Brullen exhaust. They also installed my ECS brakes and I have had no problems with any of it. Just check your lower engine cover, because they did install it wrong...... bump

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
l5gcw0b said:
Meineke at 75th and Metcalf installed my Brullen exhaust. They also installed my ECS brakes and I have had no problems with any of it. Just check your lower engine cover, because they did install it wrong...... bump
I'm actually going with ImagineAuto (www.imagineauto.com)...they said they wanted to start doing more Auid/VW work along with their Porsche line. They are going to be installing my Votex kit and grill, and possibly some custom exhaust work, funds pending. :nervous:

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
We should try to organize a GIAC install day there. I need to get the tiptronic chip, and I believe VWfanatic wants to get chipped too. I am sure there are more people on the vortex that might be interested.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
l5gcw0b said:
We should try to organize a GIAC install day there. I need to get the tiptronic chip, and I believe VWfanatic wants to get chipped too. I am sure there are more people on the vortex that might be interested.
That sounds like a great idea. I'll talk to Stephan and see if he would be interested. He would have to clear out his garage that is chock full of $100,000 Porsches. :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
Bleser
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing