Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing a nice set of 17" Denver wheels to put on my 2003 Passat Wagon. I've seen a few photos of folks that have put Detroit wheels on their Passat, but I can't seem to find any with Denvers. Anyone have a pic they can post? Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is true, but I'd still like to see a set of the true Denvers on the car. Thanks for the feedback so far :)

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
These look like huffs... right?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, for the most part, but I'm thinking it will be a more subtle look. The machined face and black background is pretty bold.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Due to overwhelming response to this post, I found and installed a set of Denvers and it's exactly what I'd hoped for - the style of Detroits with the subtleness of Denvers. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
The car looks nice. With your Passat being Fresco Green I can understand why you'd want

And unless you're expecting a hurricane in the very near future I'm sure you'll be told to get rid of the swamp buggy look soon enough.;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since you brought it up... I actually use my car for more than just riding around and I've found that the roof carrier holds anything I don't want to put on my tan leather interior. Besides, living in SW Florida it's completely legit to use the hurricane card :D

·
Registered
971 Posts
Beautiful wagon like that and you're going to pick on the roof carrier? Please.

Nice ride, fashion and function. Obviously very well cared for. And I totally agree on the Denver > Detroit decision. Gotta match the wheel to the car and while they look nice on the other wagons posted they'd definitely be a bit flashy for your car.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I was referring to lowering the wagon to get rid of the wheel gap, hence the hurricane (high water) and swamp buggy comment. The general consensus, as shown by Bdubski, is lower is more appealing.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yeah I agree with that to a point. Those 17s are as big as you can go at stock height IMO. My wagon is at stock height for now as well, but I plan on eventually going to OE Sports or similar. Not really in to the whole "how low can you go" type scene though. I can appreciate it on others cars when its done right and you can tell the owner has really made it their own. Just wouldn't want it on my own car, not really my style.

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
With an offset of 50 or so (not sure, but most 06 and later Golf wheels are at least that), you would need spacers to bring it back to the 37 of a stock B5.5.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts