Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
How are they 50 state legal? AZ requires all forward facing bulbs to be White, yellow, or Amber. If they didn't get that part of the description right, I have to wonder about how much of the rest is accurate. Regardless of how bright they are, you will likely be pulled over relativly quickly if you have green headlamps.

Also, the package does not say DOT approved, where on their website, the whiteish bulbs do. The Xenon/Krypton bulb may have been DOT approved, but the green version does not appear to be.

Here is their webpage where you can see the DOT approved packaging.
https://www.eurodezigns.com/shop/detail.aspx?ID=87

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
2.8lB5 said:
How are they 50 state legal? AZ requires all forward facing bulbs to be White, yellow, or Amber. If they didn't get that part of the description right, I have to wonder about how much of the rest is accurate. Regardless of how bright they are, you will likely be pulled over relativly quickly if you have green headlamps.

Also, the package does not say DOT approved, where on their website, the whiteish bulbs do. The Xenon/Krypton bulb may have been DOT approved, but the green version does not appear to be.

Here is their webpage where you can see the DOT approved packaging.
https://www.eurodezigns.com/shop/detail.aspx?ID=87
i was thinking the same. the piaa "ion yellow" or whatever are d.o.t. right?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
colored bulbs are only good for getting pulled over and giving really poor usable light. i would stay away from those.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
my friend put theater film over his head lights to make them look green :crazy: ... yeah i gave his sh#t about it, and it looked awful during the day, but actually looked green at night i still wanted to :puke: ... either way, he got atleast 2 fix-it tickets at night around the philly area

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.