Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ok about two weeks ago i was out on this straight stretch messing around burning out doing triple digits the usualy showoff. Well a mazda truck and i where burning out well i stopped and then tried it again well when i did i reved up my engine dropped my clutch and pulled my e-brake at the same time well i am sitting at 7 grand then i hear a rattle sound and then the tach drops to like 8 so i get off it and try to shift gears well i realized my clutch is messed up so i stop put it in second gear and drive home..well i get home well i took it down to the mechanic that does all my work and he said that i blew up my clutch and my car wasnt' starting. Some clutch piece where buried in the tranny and got to the starter and wouldn't let it turn over..bad story i should have my car back friday..just thought i would share a moronic time that i did. btw i have a 98 passat 1.8T
Martin

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
well, i guess that'll teach you to piss pound your car. but...oh well. sorry to hear about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it sucks i learned my lesson. well its gonna be done this weekend i'm so happy. for right now i got a oem clutch because my car is totally stock. so i didn't think it would matter right now.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Punctuation & grammar are your friends :roll:

Just kidding, but burnouts are never good for trannys or brakes or anything for that matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts