Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
passaturbonium said:
Let me guess....they will dance in cirles....left turns only....and that is.
Except when they do the ballet in Northern California and Upstate New York. Then they get to dance left AND right.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, they only turn left...

Here is the article in my local newspaper where I saw it:

NASCAR ballet article

Unfortunately the picture from a rehearsal is not included. It was as bad as you can imagine. I may have to scan it....

Here's a quote:

Fritz hopes that the NASCAR drivers themselves have a chance to see what the dancers have done.

"This is a love letter to them," she says.
:roll:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump for added pic.

Ha ha ha haaaa.....

This just kills me! Sorry if i am alone here.

It's like the pompous art critic babbling on about the mess on the wall representing the artist's commentary on the human condition, man's inhumanity to man, blah blah blah....

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Most of the dancers knew little about NASCAR before signing on to the show. At rehearsals, the dancers passed around a NASCAR for Dummies book, learning the finer points of one of America's fastest-growing sports. They watched videos of races in their spare time. Some even cracked open the sports section of the newspaper.

"It got my blood boiling," dancer Liza Fritz, 35, says. "The intricacies of the car, the way they maneuvered around each other - NASCAR became beautiful."
:crazy: Okay, this is really getting out of control...

HermanH said:
I just want to see what happens when the guy's start drafting the women... :lol:

Worst, men drafting men :shock:
:lol: Snapple Orangade out the nose!!!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Firefly6 said:
It's amazing how good-'ol-boys running moonshine has led to this. What would Junior Johnson say?
Ha Ha! I may not know exactly, but I could come up with a good guess! And let's just say it probably would not be quite politically correct....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
Holicow
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing