Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Nankang tyres, are they any good???

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Curry 
#1 ·
Hi looking at buying a wheel and tyre package via some traders on ebay but most come with Nankang tyres as standard at the price quoted.

I have never heard of this make before, has anyone used them and have any thoughts on them, are they any good in the wet as it always seems to be raining in the UK, i'm used to Yoko's, Bridgestones & Michelin's, should i upgrade to a better known tyre or give the Nankangs a go??

Thanks

Peter

#2 ·
PSM20VT said:
Hi looking at buying a wheel and tyre package via some traders on ebay but most come with Nankang tyres as standard at the price quoted.

I have never heard of this make before, has anyone used them and have any thoughts on them, are they any good in the wet as it always seems to be raining in the UK, i'm used to Yoko's, Bridgestones & Michelin's, should i upgrade to a better known tyre or give the Nankangs a go??

Thanks

Peter
Assuming you talking about 225/45/17...
I have Nankang...they came with the new rims (package). My opinion is this... they are gripie (wet and dry) but very noisy....all the time i can hear a wooooooooooo noise. My stock conties are so quite compared to Nankang. If it was my choise i would try to get the Contis
Continental ContiExtremeContact (summer tires)
or

Continental ContiTouringContact CH 95(all season)

Tire Rack has good prices on these!

I think they are chinese made!

#4 ·
If you can take the noise yes ! they are good...but for $100 its almost the same price with the Conti's ($103) from Tire Rack...which I would buy when I burn out these.. :lol: . I dont have any complains with the grip...only with the noise and also ... mine are summer tires (soft) and I see them worn fast ...
My rims are Migle Miglia Action, Thanks

#6 ·
Curry said:
I love mine, yes a little noisy but I don't care... they are great in the rain too! Depndes on the noise factor if it doesn't bother you then get'em! :thumbup:
:) :) Thanks

Not too bothered with the noise factor as the passat has good sound deadening anyway (can always turn the sounds up) , as long as they dont squeal like a pig on every bend & corner. More interested in the wet & dry grip, cause i've had tyres before (Dunlop & Avon) that had faultless dry weather grip but give am bit of rain and its like driving on a wet frosty road (no confidence in them)

#7 ·
PSM20VT said:
Curry said:
I love mine, yes a little noisy but I don't care... they are great in the rain too! Depndes on the noise factor if it doesn't bother you then get'em! :thumbup:
:) :) Thanks

Not too bothered with the noise factor as the passat has good sound deadening anyway (can always turn the sounds up) , as long as they dont squeal like a pig on every bend & corner. More interested in the wet & dry grip, cause i've had tyres before (Dunlop & Avon) that had faultless dry weather grip but give am bit of rain and its like driving on a wet frosty road (no confidence in them)
they will not squeal...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.