Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the hose attached to the intake manifold and goes to the brake booster is called and if you've had problems with it. mine is split in th elbow and its spitting a minimal amount of oil on my intake manifold so thats how i could tell it was leaking.

it seems weird to me to have that hose split so early in its life! :suspicio:

·
Registered
776 Posts
That sounds like the one that was replaced by the dealer on my 2000 1.8T (100 000 km). I'm looking at the work order but it only says 'elbo to brake booster pinched off vendor wfj', I know they did something with it because there is a shiny new hose clamp on it. I think one of the other Calgary B5ers had the same thing - he posted photos a month or two back (Airboy???).

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
How about....brake booster hose? :p

·
Registered
790 Posts
I heard its been replaced with a better one. The one on our 2000's is made in two pieces, and it tends to split on the seam. The newer one is smooth and all one piece, so it doesn't split. I'm sure its pretty cheap, just write down the part number and they should tell you what the new revision is at the dealer.

-ian

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a really cheap rubber two seam hose. i just raplaced it temporarely with some spare coolant hose that i have , i did'nt want to drive with it split , ill go to the stealership if i can't find a suitable alternative.

thanks for all the info guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts