Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello My name is Vanesa, My friends call me Nesa... I recently got a 99 VW Passat... But it needs a little work.... It's leaking coolant alot... and i have to check it on an everyday basis :(

I thought it might be the water pump... or a hose... not too sure...

Im not sure what to do... but i dont have thousands of dollars to spend either! :cry:

If someone could steer me in the right direction please i would be forever grateful:bowdown: ... I really like this car and it has GREAT potential...

Thanks a bunches!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i know where the water is going... its right down the center under the car... thinkin its the water pump but i spoke to a couple places around here and they quoted me $700 plus more... so i dunno!:banghead:

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
$700 is about teh right price if it incl timing belt.
Even without it, ~$600 is aboutr right.
Oh and a leaky WP often signals it will soon fail, catistrophically, taking out the TB and severly damaging the engine
If you can find someone kind enough locally, they might be able to help you with a DIY for some beer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slim chance my friend... anyway this friday will be the day its taken care of... sad its been like this going on a month now... for the longest time i thought it was going to be something simple... boy was i mistaken!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats the thing... i cant really tell unless i remove all of the dressing around my motor... and i dont want to do that because i dont want to mess anything up... there for i will give it to the mechanic that will be working on my car... my friend used him and he said hes the best! we will see! :nervous:

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Make sur ethey only use G12 fluid.
Honestly, if they say anything else will work, I'd move down the line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts