Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that my glove box interior and passenger floor mat area go wet after washing my car. I do wash my car on a steep drive way, but didn't think that would be the cause.
I also noticed that a puddle forms underneath my car when it rains(under firewall area). Kinda weird.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Those 2 are almost 100% guilti ones for leaking. But, reason is most likely clogged water drain under battery, to clean it good remove battery.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sounds like the cabin air filter housing gasket. A known problem. Needs the gasket replaced or doubled up.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
D.Passat00 said:
Nenad said:
Those 2 are almost 100% guilti ones for leaking. But, reason is most likely clogged water drain under battery, to clean it good remove battery.
is that from a 98/99? my '00 looks slightly different.
It is from 99. Hope that it can help you.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Nenad, it looks like you removed your Plenum chamber cover (the black plastic cover that runs across the lower portion of the windshield and under the hood) to take this picture (which is very good).

D.Passat00, this might be why you are saying your '00 looks slightly different. The cabin airfilter cover is also removed and not shown in the picture, only the filter laying atop the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.