Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled is turning 126K miles, and the control arms are done. Any experience/ advice on OEM vs. Aftermarket control arms?
Thanks for the input.
Scott

· Registered
1,021 Posts
Scott this is just my opinion the end decision is still all yours.

If the OEMs have lasted that long then a new set (properly install) should last the rest of the cars life.

If you are looking for some aftermarket there is the CPP control arms but I would only recommend using the upper ones from them.

· Registered
4,203 Posts
ScottyJ, unless you are experiencing irregular tire wear after lowering; which is common with the Audi Quattro and VW 4 Motions, you might be better off using the control arm kit from ECSTuning instead of the expensive stainless steel one's from Custom Performance Products. The CPP Upper Control Arms allow you to obtain a wider camber/caster range than the OEM units, but they are very expensive. Just the upper control arms from CPP are more expensive than the entire 8 arm kit plus tie-rods from ECSTuning.

· Banned
8,301 Posts
Another vote for the ECS kit. www.ecstuning.com

I went with the CPP upper control arms. I am lowered quite a bit (2.25" all around roughly) and decided for the best optimum tire wear, it was best to get the CPP upper arms. If you are just lowered on Eibach's, H&R's, etc then the Meyel heavyduty parts should do you just fine.

If you want pictures and such from my CPP control arm installation, do a search by my name, and by Control arms. You should get quite a few results.

HTH,
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.