Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
oooo she's looking good. I have the same racks! Kind of a pain to get set up symmetrically eh?
For sure challenging...that's the rub of the low cost. Feet don't slide easily.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
27,757 Posts
Is that with the kickdown or without? I did my sedan without the kickdown. I did not bother with my V6 as I used Tip mode all of the time.
VW just released an update for the Tiguan that does pretty much the same thing. Supposedly it really transforms the 2018 models that everyone hated to drive. I need to get mine done too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Is that with the kickdown or without? I did my sedan without the kickdown. I did not bother with my V6 as I used Tip mode all of the time.
VW just released an update for the Tiguan that does pretty much the same thing. Supposedly it really transforms the 2018 models that everyone hated to drive. I need to get mine done too.
Should have kickdown in normal/drive mode but in Tipronic not sure TBH.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Video go-over of my W8.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Reactions: PZ

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Reactions: PZ

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Video go-over of my W8.

I know you're new here, so I'll fill you in. It's no secret I'm not a big fan of the wagon, but I do give credit where it's due.
That's a fine car. It looks amazingly well / clean for it's age.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
I know you're new here, so I'll fill you in. It's no secret I'm not a big fan of the wagon, but I do give credit where it's due.
That's a fine car. It looks amazingly well / clean for it's age.
Thanks - so what with the anti-wagon thing? I have 2! There's just something satisfying about spanking someone in a sport sedan in a car made to pick your kids up from baseball and carry groceries. This one will will move. Long live the roof that is long!

Reactions: VAGguy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Quickie driving video:

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Thanks - so what with the anti-wagon thing? I have 2!
It's just a personal preference thing. The wagon styling doesn't appeal to me that's all.
I own 2 W8 sedan's. Over the last few years there's been some back and forth ribbing between other members and myself about the wagon vs sedan thing. It's all in good fun.

Reactions: KarstGeo72

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
It's just a personal preference thing. The wagon styling doesn't appeal to me that's all.
I own 2 W8 sedan's. Over the last few years there's been some back and forth ribbing between other members and myself about the wagon vs sedan thing. It's all in good fun.
Got it/all good. The B5 Passat wagon body style has always been one of my favorite station wagons of all time...now I have one! I am about the same w/r sedans, to me, just not useful enough I suppose and I like having something that is different that most of what is driving around - don't mind how they look. Always have done things that require carrying gear - bikes, snowboards, surfboards, etc. and the wagon got you and your stuff there without having to have an SUV/CUV (we have one of those too - an Atlas for the family of 5).

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,872 Posts
Got it/all good. The B5 Passat wagon body style has always been one of my favorite station wagons of all time...now I have one! I am about the same w/r sedans, to me, just not useful enough I suppose and I like having something that is different that most of what is driving around - don't mind how they look. Always have done things that require carrying gear - bikes, snowboards, surfboards, etc. and the wagon got you and your stuff there without having to have an SUV/CUV (we have one of those too - an Atlas for the family of 5).
That's why I have hung onto my Passat for so long. It's too damn useful, looks beautiful, and still fun to drive. When shopping for my A4, I was really looking hard at the Allroads. They were either not in my price range or not equipped the way I wanted them. If only they made a newer gen S4 wagon....

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,872 Posts
I have a pair of NOS OEM HID light assemblies and a pile of used ballasts and bulbs from junkyards. PM me if you're interested. I thought I would upgrade one of my Passats to HID but I've never got around to it and at this point, I probably never will.
Honestly, you should try it in your stock halogen housings. I added the VVME kit about 8-10 years ago and it's still great. They take about 3-4 seconds to warm up, but never a flicker or a failed ignite. I raised the curbside adjuster just a hair and it has great distance without blinding traffic. 4300K is the sweetspot for color, IMO.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Honestly, you should try it in your stock halogen housings.
Whoa, pump the brakes there grasshopper. I'm about ready to broker a deal here. Don't steal my thunder. :p

Reactions: VAGguy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
That's why I have hung onto my Passat for so long. It's too damn useful, looks beautiful, and still fun to drive. When shopping for my A4, I was really looking hard at the Allroads. They were either not in my price range or not equipped the way I wanted them. If only they made a newer gen S4 wagon....
The VW Sportwagen and Alltrack were nice small wagons and why I picked up mine. Not as feature-laden as the Audis but still great cars. Mine is the base S trim b/c that's the only Sportwagen that came with 4Motion which netted your the DSG both of which I wanted on this car and for the planned upgrades I had which are now complete.

Reactions: PZ and VAGguy

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,872 Posts
Ha, def not a sleeper with that license plate! (y)

41 - 60 of 61 Posts