Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have a pair of NOS OEM HID light assemblies and a pile of used ballasts and bulbs from junkyards. PM me if you're interested. I thought I would upgrade one of my Passats to HID but I've never got around to it and at this point, I probably never will.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Behold...the glory of the W8! 2.5" pipe from near the stock joint/clamps through an x-pipe, 2 Flowmaster FlowFX mufflers, and the stock tips. $650 all-in at a local muffler shop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Behold...the glory of the W8! 2.5" pipe from near the stock joint/clamps through an x-pipe, 2 Flowmaster FlowFX mufflers, and the stock tips. $650 all-in at a local muffler shop.

Nice! How do they sound in normal driving? Any drone?

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
I have a pair of NOS OEM HID light assemblies and a pile of used ballasts and bulbs from junkyards. PM me if you're interested. I thought I would upgrade one of my Passats to HID but I've never got around to it and at this point, I probably never will.
We need to talk.

PM sent.

Reactions: axenstar

·
Registered
5,821 Posts

Sounds pretty darn close to mine. Mine is just slightly angrier sounding but not obnoxious though. Exhaust note levels off nicely at cruising speeds, almost silent.
For the first few weeks after I bought my W8 every time I pulled into my work parking lot people would stop and look. A handful of people approached me and ask what the hell is in that thing?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Same for my W8, but I just removed both mufflers and the center res, and ran dual glass packs. Mine doesn't drone and while driving is pretty decent. Yours sounds great though. It's always good when a wagon sounds badass.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice! How do they sound in normal driving? Any drone?
I drove it a lot yesterday including 70 with cruise on on the hwy, not bad at all if you aren't on the gas. This isn't a daily so it doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sounds pretty darn close to mine. Mine is just slightly angrier sounding but not obnoxious though. Exhaust note levels off nicely at cruising speeds, almost silent.
For the first few weeks after I bought my W8 every time I pulled into my work parking lot people would stop and look. A handful of people approached me and ask what the hell is in that thing?
What is your exhaust setup?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Same for my W8, but I just removed both mufflers and the center res, and ran dual glass packs. Mine doesn't drone and while driving is pretty decent. Yours sounds great though. It's always good when a wagon sounds badass.
That's effectively what this is but with larger 2.5" pipes. X pipe replaced resonator. Flowmaster FlowFX are really just "glass packs" - straight thru mufflers with packing.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,872 Posts

Uh, I need new shorts after hearing that.

Reactions: KarstGeo72

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Tint done. 35% Llumar Classic all around. Muuuuchhhh better. Now about that wheel gap...ahahhahaha

Have an appointment with my trusted shop in a week to get it in, have them do a thorough go-over, and fix a few things that I'm not going to DIY. Meanwhile, the steady stream of small bubble packs from Ebay and Amazon have been trickling in with the little bits/bobs to get this thing basically 100%.
20210105_111012.jpg
20210105_110956.jpg
20210105_111003.jpg

Reactions: Airkewld38

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,872 Posts
Tint done. 35% Llumar all around. Muuuuchhhh better. Now about that wheel gap...ahahhahaha

Have an appointment with my trusted shop in a week to get it in, have them do a thorough go-over, and fix a few things that I'm not going to DIY. Meanwhile, the steady stream of small bubble packs from Ebay and Amazon have been trickling in with the little bits/bobs to get this thing basically 100%.
View attachment 102019 View attachment 102020 View attachment 102021
Looks great! That tint looks darker than my 35%.

When you do lower it, you may want to think about removing those mudguards. They will get scraped up quickly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Looks great! That tint looks darker than my 35%.

When you do lower it, you may want to think about removing those mudguards. They will get scraped up quickly.
They were $12 off Ebay...hahaha

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,872 Posts
Reactions: KarstGeo72

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,872 Posts
Funny how they say "sedan only" when VW makes no such distinction with theirs. They will fit both wagon and sedan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Funny how they say "sedan only" when VW makes no such distinction with theirs. They will fit both wagon and sedan.
When you get them, you will say "ah, yes, $12 Chinia mudflaps" They are really crappy but good enough and if they die they die..hahaha

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ebay/Chineseium roof racks. $100. Actually v. good for that price and sturdy. Will be able to use my roof box and bike racks now if I choose. Wagons and racks....a serendipitous combo!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts