Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and my friends are going to race tomarow and im just wondering what are my chances of winning...

My opponents:
Mustang 3.8l v6
and
Maxima 3.5l v6

Both automatic, maxima tiptronic.

Me:
99 Passat GLS 5 Spd
1.8T
Exhaust System

What are my chances of beating them?

I mainly want to rock the stang , i dont really care about the maxima.

Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
assuming this is done in a safe envirolement we can safely assume that your chances are 20% or less depending on the other drivers experience.

I have same car you do and a 98 maxima and the maxima ripps the passat .. mainly cause it's got 50hp more.

On the other hand the mustang you might have a chance.. i remember my 2.0 golf kept up till 90mph.. but it was medium moded.

Good luck with that!

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
The Maxima will kill you. No one cares about a V6 Mustang. The police will arrest you all for street racing, too.

Do me a favor and stay off the roads as I'm on my way to and from work. I'd prefer to arrive in one piece.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This will be in a secluded enviorment, probely at the Route 66 dragstrip in Joliet so dont worry about me streetracing, im not dumb.

I need a k04 :(

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The drivers will probely be over anxoius, so i may have a chance... they will be all floor in go so if i can take em from the line i may be safe with the 3.8

·
Registered
366 Posts
If it is on a track, like doing laps (real racing you know), the Stang and Maxima are boats on wheels, so what you lose on hp, you will gain on handling.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
i'd bet you lose to both but keep close to the 'stang. they have secret weapons (automatics) and if anyone has a chance to make a mistake it's probably going to be you (no offense).

how long is the race, to 60? 1/4 mile? what kind of tires do you have? i can see lighting them up or having ASR kick in if they're not up for the task...

a.s.

G

·
Ive never been beaten by a max and i keep with the sl pretty well, i say you have a chance ride those gears out and give him a run! F-nissan!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts