Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I went to the SouthFlorida GTG on the 28th. I was supposed to leave town on Friday AM, but because of a broken Raxles CV axle on Thrusday night, I got set back until 4pm Friday. I made it into Florida by 2am, and still went to the GTG.

The weekend was great, lots of great people, and the Miami crew was VERY nice to let me crash. Thanks to lbpassat (Larry) :thumbup: for letting me invade his house Friday night. Then Saturday was a "blast". The people were great. APR didnt know SH!T about my car. They were unprepared... didnt have a drill to install my switch for the different programs for my ECU. I wanted 91 and 100 octane. Some how, they got 2 stock programs, and who knows what other programs. So, that has to be sent to them to get fixed. ONE reason I didnt want to ship to them in the 1st place was Id be out of a car for a week or so.

Then, today on my way home I was supposed to be home at about 4-5, and be at class by 6 to take a make up test and study for my final exams. Well, the car broke down. Its either the crappy programs from APR, or its bad fuel. Or a mixture of the two. So, I called my mom and step dad, and the step dad came out with the truck and a tow dollie. I was about an hours away from home, thank God not any further. So, we get the car up on the dolly, and then I hear a CRUNCH. Uopps, there goes the nice RS4 bumper. On each side in front of the wheels, there are large hooks that protrude from the ramps. They both gouged the front of my bumper. oN the drivers side, left a nice 3"+ hole in the bumper. On the passenger side, just slight FG damage. So, that leaves me a new project. FG and bondo project.

So, that was my sh!tty weekend.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
damn i'm sorry to hear about all that crud!! hope you had fun regardless...some at least

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear steve. Hope you enjoyed the chip for that short time. but dind't i warn you about fiberglass?????? :poke:

·
Registered
272 Posts
hey steve, soory bout the bad luck streak. you just gotta stay away from mirrors, ladders, and black cats for awhile...

anywho, i hope you saw my car there.. 2001 black passat with black trimmed headlights, and redone interior? yannow, the car with the black roof inside?
its to bad, i think i missed sayin' Wazzup tooya. prob to bizzy droolin over all the nice Dubs.. :p well, maybee next year we will have a better plan...... :poke:

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Not the RS4 bumper :cry: , :poke: sorry to hear that steve, good luck with the repair work mate............Rah............ :b5: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
665 Posts
Man sorry to hear that. The car looked beautiful when it was here :bow: and it was nice meeting you. Hope to see you around these parts again.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
:cry:
So sorry to hear about Gumby! I hope you can have it ready by Volksfest though! Id love ta see him in all his glory!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Scuba2001 said:
So, we get the car up on the dolly, and then I hear a CRUNCH. Uopps, there goes the nice RS4 bumper. On each side in front of the wheels, there are large hooks that protrude from the ramps. They both gouged the front of my bumper. oN the drivers side, left a nice 3"+ hole in the bumper. On the passenger side, just slight FG damage. So, that leaves me a new project. FG and bondo project.

So, that was my sh!tty weekend.
and I was having a good day... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear about your troubles..hope you get it alll staightend out.
We need pics.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts