Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE POSTED THE SAME PICTURES ON THE MAIN POST (STICKY) ON THE MAIN B5 DISSCUSSION BOARD BUT JUST IN CASE YOU MISS THE UPDATE

Well i must say i am impressed, as its only just over 2 weeks since my visit and look what arrived in the post today :D :D :D

Only bad thing is the hose from the DV to the airbox is definitely not going to fit (that needs a new tool making for it), but we sort of knew that anyway and they forgot to send me replacement hoseclamps but are going to forward them to me.

I cant put them on at the moment anyway, as look at this weather we have in Sunny UK at the moment:

I also received the hoses from Jesse CRD99 for the US spec AEB B5 and also the hoses from Ryan LIVE4SPD for the AUG B5.5, so i will forward them to Samco so they can hopefully make up the trial kits for them, the good news for the B5 crew is that there only seems to be 1 hose that is slightly different between Jesse's US spec AEB and my Euro spec AEB, sorry but the same cannot be said for the B5.5 hoses as all but the DV to airbox are different.

So here are some side by side comparisons of the Samco set, the AEB US B5 & the AUG US B5.5 hoses:

Airbox to Turbo (the b5.5 has an extra outlet)

Turbo bottom pipe with DV outlet to front pipe (all 3 are slightly different shapes)

Front pipe to Intercooler (B5.5 totally different connection)

Intercooler to Throttlebody (unfortunately Jesse did not have this hose but the photo he sent shows the same as the Samco hose, again you will see the different intercooler connection on the B5.5 hose)

DV to airbox hose (both B5 & B5.5 are identical, this is the hose that Samco were not sure about as can be seen)

So when the weather gets better and i have the hoseclamps from Samco i will test the kit out and post some pic's and an update

By the way can anyone tell me what this hose is for off the B5.5, it is made of hardish plastic ??

I, Jesse and Ryan will keep you posted with any updates on the US spec hoses

Cheers

Peter

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.