Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There! I'm Scott and have just joined. I am based in London, England and would like to hear from any like minded enthusiasts of the Passat either in the UK or Worldwide!
Have never had a VW before, and bought this last year as an alternative to the Audi A6 Avant I was being sold (at twice the price) The VW was a nicer drive and a real bargain it was too good to turn down!
It is a 2002 V6 Four-Motion Estate, in Inky Blue metallic, with a black leather and blue alcantara interior. It has the tiptronic gearbox.
I have carried out a few mods, which I will list:
Privacy glass (keeps the dogs cool in the back),
18" TSW Apex alloys and Avon Z3 Tyres,
Coilover kit giving better handling and a 40mm drop.
Brembo brake upgrade front and rear.
Powerflow Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust (R32 style) Sounds lovely!!
Inside use a Road Angel to detect speed traps!! (Essential) and have also removed the standard head unit and in dash 6 cd changer, and replaced with an Alpine CD Receiver and 12 disc autochanger in the boot! (Better sound quality even with std speakers!
I currently have a de-badged grille on order and am also trying to get some AMG mirrors at the moment. I am also planning an AMD supercharger conversion when budgets will allow (Hopefully Sept Oct '04)
Will try and post some pics now, so bear with me I hope that it works!

Scott

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome to the the fray Scott !!!

I'm from West Sussex and recently purchased a B5.5 Estate.

Inky blue Pearl is a lovely colour isn't it (but then i'm biased).

The V6 is a nice engine, although I could never afford to run it (that's why I bought a diesel).

Can't wait to see some pictures of the car, if you need any help, let me know (feel free to PM me).

Marc.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Right, here's some pics of Scott's very nice V6 4M Estate (pre Brembo's I think, as I can't see them):

Welcome to the forum Scott, a lovely car, with some very nice additions :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Marc, yes it was pre-brembos as I took the pics a while ago, got the brembos (with the wrong fitting kit) and had to wait until the right one came through b4 I could fit them! Oh well!!! Stops on a sixpence now though!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
yeah, nice car. I like the look of that dark glass, also the chrome trim strips help to show off the car.
I've a Pacific Blue (think that's what its called) - a shade darker and without the chrome strips. A 1.9 TDi though. The milage costs and business insurance quote I got on a V6 made me go for the 1.9 instead. This is also my first VW after previous car was an A6 saloon. I too looked at A6 Avant, but the cost was stupid.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big time!! Can't see what the fuss is with Audis??? Too expensive and not a nice enough drive! The A6 Avant I was looking at was the 3.0 quattro, same age and same mileage as the Passat, but TWICE the price! My girlfriend and I almost fell off our chairs when he told us the asking price! Spotted the VW by accident whilst driving home! Rest is history! Just wish it was a manual! Get fed up with the auto box sometimes! If I change it would either be for a manual W8 estate or a manual V6 estate, but they seem to be very thin on the ground!
Would recommend Powerflow exhausts, v good quality (fitted at Top Gear St Albans, they have a web site) and the dark glass was done by Pentagon! Prior to the law changing but have never been stopped as the front windows are max legal tint, rear are midnight and tailgate and load area side windows are limo tint! So it looks a gradual change of tint! :) Scott.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.