Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some spare time and all of our cars were at home and I haven't taken any pics with the Kamei grille on, so I put up my own GTG :) and snapped few pics. All the cars are dusty and have dead bugs here and there but don't let that disturb you too much, enjoy.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TX-B5.5 said:
Nice pics
BTW what the hell are those things at the bottom center of the back bumper on all the cars :???:
Thanks, and those would be the covers for the detachable towing knob. I know, not very nice looking, but better than just plain towing knob ruining the looks.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wapptor said:
You have a golf V? Thats awesome. Care to tell us more about it?

(nice B5 btw)

-Wapptor
Golf V belongs to my father, I have of course test drove it and it is fantastic. The new 2.0 TDI sure is powerfull and with the manual transmission it beats my tip V6 4mo Passat :shock: :shock: , at least in acceleration. Golf has some neat new features that aren't in Passat. For example, coming home function (option), when you stop the engine, step outside and lock the doors, driving lights stay lit for a few seconds so you can see where are you walking in the dark.
The factory radio is pretty good too, easy to use. Didn't even try to do it but it came up right at start when I browsed the menus, the turning on volume setting, don't have to be scared to death when you start the car and the radio would be loud as hell.
It has the factory sport suspension and seats too, very firm but not rough ride. Both rims, winter and summer are 16" , factory summertires are Bridgestone Potenzas 205/55, he bought Nokia Hakkapeliitta 4 for winter.
Other accessories are Eberspächer car heating system, self dimming rearview mirror, rain sensing wipers, Climatronic, aluminium trim, antitheft system.....

·
Registered
745 Posts
I dont like the new Golf. It may be better than older golfs in terms of performance but its defenitly not in terms of design. The front looks like a renault or a toyota. I dont like it at all. Your dad should have bought the R32 :bow:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nice cars, nice place.

I was in Helsinki in 2001 and absolutely loved it - so clean, peaceful and quiet!

N

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ryan8186 said:
not a bad looking volvo either, i like the dual exhaust :thumbup:
OK, you are like millionth person who says "where did you get the dual exhaust for the volvo", well sorry to disappoint you, there is just one exhaust but the cut for other exhaust in the rear valence has been there always. Beats me why there is another cut but it sure makes it easier to modders to fit another exhaust. If my mother decides she wants dual exhaust, she can go and get that, but I'm not going to pay for her mods :lol:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Nice cars...but I think this was just an excuse to post pics of the chic sunning on the trampoline.... :suspicio: :suspicio: :poke:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thumber said:
Nice cars...but I think this was just an excuse to post pics of the chic sunning on the trampoline.... :suspicio: :suspicio: :poke:
:lol: :lol: :lol: , :oops: .... I got caught... well, actually I didn't want them to get in the picture, but after waiting some ugly Wagon to disappear that was parked on the street and after harassing bunch of bypassing cyclists stopped to look at the cars, I thought the teens on the background are a little problem compared to those other two attempts to ruin my pictures :lol: . I was this >|----|< close to get there and tell them to drag that trampoline somewhere else..... but I didn't want to ruin their sunning.... and their father is a police.... so thats why there is a picture with a sunning chic on the background. Best explanation ever..... :p , and btw. if anyone needs close ups from the chics, PM me.... JOKING!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice B5, the Kamei grill gives the front a new look.

I find myself strangely drawn to the MK5 Golf. I may be just growing accustomed to it, but I don't mind it's styling. I though it looked like a Civic hatch, but now it seems like more of a VW. I may never embrace its looks like those of the current MK4, but I can atleast look upon it without disgust.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
17 Participants
DaddyMatt
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing