Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this beauty yesterday and thought I'd share. I've been trolling here and the Tex B5 forum for a while but should be a more active participant now.

'01.5 Passat GLS - 1.8t, 5spd, fresco green, tan leather

Some gentle mods will come soon!

Here is a pic of what she replaced just for grins...

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
congrats, feels nice to cross over from the dark side eh :poke: :lol:

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
5speed wagon, dude, that's like tripping over the holy grail! Congrats!

everybody notice how hot those stock Variants look! :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2.0GTI said:
congrats, feels nice to cross over from the dark side eh :poke: :lol:
Yeah, this was a brief hiatus from the VW brotherhood. I blame it on the temporary insanity of becoming a Dad back in November.

I must admit, I got a SMOKIN' deal on this car too!

Here was my ride previous to the SVT.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, hopefully it won't be stock for too long.

I am planning on some Neuspeed SofSports and 17's as soon as the funds become available!

If you know anyone with a 5x114.3 car, I have a sick set of brand new forged 17's for sale!

·
Registered
114 Posts
spd33,
Great variant! From one variant owner to another, you're going to love the ignorant quips by the unenlightened referring to your car as a "family truckster" or a "station wagon." :lol: Chip that sucker and beat 'em like a red-headed step child! :thumbup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
golfhound1 said:
spd33,
Great variant! From one variant owner to another, you're going to love the ignorant quips by the unenlightened referring to your car as a "family truckster" or a "station wagon." :lol: Chip that sucker and beat 'em like a red-headed step child! :thumbup:
I get a kick out of calling it the "truckster"!

The car is awesome! Ordered wheels last week and springs will follow shortly.

Visiting the dealer on Thursday for the coil pack and fender liner recalls as well as the lower child seat tether install.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice ride. I went from SVT Contour, to VR6 Jetta, to Passat Variant. I love the variant but I do miss the Contour occasionally. I really liked that car for the money.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LunarDDS said:
Nice ride. I went from SVT Contour, to VR6 Jetta, to Passat Variant. I love the variant but I do miss the Contour occasionally. I really liked that car for the money.
The SVT was my least favorite. The car was fun to drive for sure but it was just so cheaply put together that I couldn't handle it. 1/2" body seams and non matching interior pieces just really don't float my boat!

I love the Variant but the GTI is still where my heart is. Maybe after wheels and springs on the wagon I'll feel differently. I've wanted a wagon since high school and finally have one!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks All! Here is a P-Chop of the car w/ wheels and suspension thanks to 24VGliGuy

·
Registered
40 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
16 Participants
B5.5_Wagoneer
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing