Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, I would like to THANK both Jordan (TTB5), and Ray (rayzeroo)!!! :salute: :bowdown: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This MOD would not even be possible for me to accomplish it, if it wasn't for these stand up PW members!

Hey, if you've been following my thread in the Regional forums, you would know that I had acquired 4 HID projectors, Hella clear headlight lenses, and a set of OEM headlights.

I got 2 low beam valeo projectors and 2 Hella Bi-Xenon projectors.

I had a local shop do the retro-fit for me. They were reasonable priced so that's why I decided not to try it myself.

I just got the headlights back late last night. After looking at the job that was done and keeping in mind what I told them I wanted done, there's a couple mistakes on them. So I plan on taking them back and letting them fix the mistakes until I'm 100% happy with them.

Here's a pic from far away for now, I will post closer shots in a little while.

What does everyone think about them so far? :thumbup: OR :thumbdown

Thanks!:salute:

·
for your entertainment...
7,035 Posts
Looks good Dean and hats off for a bold project. :bowdown:

But from a practicality side, aren't high beams often used to flash people (to move over, warn about the popo...)... wouldn't flashing an HID be moot, or would you just not use them to flash?

And what temps are you running low and high?

·
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good
Thanks a lot! :salute:

Looks good Dean and hats off for a bold project. :bowdown:

But from a practicality side, aren't high beams often used to flash people (to move over, warn about the popo...)... wouldn't flashing an HID be moot, or would you just not use them to flash?

And what temps are you running low and high?
Thanks a lot Johnny! :salute:

I don't flash, I just wave. So I don't mind that I can't signal someone anymore.

I'm using my current H7 HIDs in the low beams and I have yet to get a new HID kit for the second set of projectors. The current HID kit is 5k and the new HID kit will be 5k as well.

That's why I got valeo projectors for my low beams, you can install a H7 bulb in it no problems. ;)

look great. hopefully i can see your car in person sometime soon!
Thanks a lot! :salute: Back at ya! :thumbup: I wanna see your :b55: in person too. ;)

glad you got this done, would like to see closer pics
Thanks swaigo! :thumbup: I'm so happy to have this finally done, it took me a while to find someone local to do them and that charged a reasonable price. :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

Closer pics should be up sometime tonight. :)

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Looks good.:thumbup: Let us know how well they work. I have the Hella HID Projectors (low beam only) and I'm impressed by the amount of light they throw. I can only imagine how well the dual setup will brighten things up.

·
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeap, I'm with swaigo on that one.

Do you think it's possible to cover the sides of the projectors swaigo? That is one of the mistakes the shop made, I guess they were rushing and lazy, so they left the sides all wide open. :(

·
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot Steve! :salute:

These housings are north American stock ones with the hella euro clear lenses on them.

Can't wait till I finally get a second HID kit to see just how much brighter the road lights up. ;)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Yeap, I'm with swaigo on that one.

Do you think it's possible to cover the sides of the projectors swaigo? That is one of the mistakes the shop made, I guess they were rushing and lazy, so they left the sides all wide open. :(
I think I see what you're talking about but I would need a better pic to be honest

·
I wish I wasn't witless
2,256 Posts
Nice, show the beam pattern at night if you can.
Bi-xenons are a single projector housing, when you turn on your high beams the piece of metal that forms the cut-off is removed thus providing more light. But this way will work as well, besides it looking cool as sh*t.

·
Registered
281 Posts
if you have a low beam projector + a bixenon projector...does that mean you could run both at the same time as low beams, thus having 4 projectors creating your low beams? i could only imagine how much light that would produce.... :icon_eek:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
looks nice. The one of the main issues with retrofits, is the some times, you cannot completely cover the projector body. It comes with the territory.

imo, I would have used the Hella Bixenons in the low-beam bucket and run as bixenons from the start.

the Valeo H7's, I think the cutoff shield could have been modified for use as an auxilary high beam.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts