Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday Ken (a.k.a. MrRockShow182) came with me to bring home the newest edition to my family, a new little Boxer puppy named "Hector." He is our third dog and our 7th pet (we have 3 cats 3 dogs and a parrot, quite the zoo).

He is 10 weeks old, and although his name wasn't our first choice, we decided upon because he already responded to it, and now it just fits :) .

Our other two dogs (another Boxer and an English Black Lab) adore him, and all three have a great time together.

Here are a few pictures...

·
Registered
709 Posts
Boxers are awesome. My brother picked up an 8-week old boxer pup after christmas, they're awesome. if yours is anything like his, it bites anything and everything (paper, remotes, tables, arms, legs, feet, dirt... whatever. everything except chew toys) and doesn't understand the concept of "no"... but you can't help resits it's innocent look. they're great dogs

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
"hey, why doesn't Hector hold all the cash?"
"cuase he's too slow to get away with the money"
"oooOOOOOooooo"

lol, every time i hear the name hector i think of either hte show '24' or the fast and the furious.

"yeah i got a last name but i can't pronounce it"

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
nice puppy, i got a dumb sheltie seven months ago :roll: all she does is leave logs and lakes averywhere :thumbdow:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
awsome dog..... i want to see your furniture in a couple of weeks
Our other never chewed anything. This is probably because we live on 2 acres (all fenced), and have slate floors everywhere except the bedrooms (which they know they are not allowed in unless we let them). We usually leave the doors wide open for them all to wander in and out. The only problems this has ever posed is that our lab likes to swim a few times a day and he comes in wet sometimes, and driving our cars in and out of the driveway. Otehr than that they've been great, so I doubt we'll have any problems as far as chewed furniture or anything such as that goes, thank goodness!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Congrats!

Keep him away from the computer wires! :cry:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
therockshow182 said:
AWWWWW...he's a beauty!

BTW...are you going to get his tail and ears done?

:) Thanx.

Well, he came with his tail done, and we're not going to do hsi ears because we read about the procedure before we got our first boxer and it's very painful for them and quite cruel.
good to hear, why people would mutilate there animals so they "look right" is beyond me.....

-Nick

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
He's beautiful! :thumbup: I have had boxers all my life. They are THE BEST breed by far. IMHO of course :wink:

I lost a mother and a daughter boxer within a year and a half, so I haven't replaced them. It was heartbreaking, plus I have to move soon and I work a lot, so it's not the best time for a new pup. Unless you will show him, I would say you should leave his ears alone. I think they are really cute with natural ears. I always had my boxers ears done, but kind of wish I hadn't. I showed one as a pup, but then not as she got older.

Give him a big kiss for me! :kiss:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He's beautiful! I have had boxers all my life. They are THE BEST breed by far. IMHO of course

I lost a mother and a daughter boxer within a year and a half, so I haven't replaced them. It was heartbreaking, plus I have to move soon and I work a lot, so it's not the best time for a new pup. Unless you will show him, I would say you should leave his ears alone. I think they are really cute with natural ears. I always had my boxers ears done, but kind of wish I hadn't. I showed one as a pup, but then not as she got older.

Give him a big kiss for me!

Thanx :). I'm sorry to hear you lost your dogs, that definitely must have been heartbreaking :cry: .

I definitely will not touch this little dude's ears, I think it's unnecessary and it hurts the animal, plus boxers are so much cuter with floppy ears :D

I don't know about showing him but we are thinking of breeding him, his entire family lines are Champion prize winning dogs, and the breeders we got him from said he'd be an excellent stud... but I guess we'll have to see :) .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts