Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings......I've been a member (lurkin) here for a little while and after about 2 months of 3hrs a night of reading all your posts i finally decided on B5.5 for my new ride. I've had it about a month now and all I can say is Holy @#$%^&***&*^%$$ every time I drive it. And my wife loves it too.There is a god. I was showing it to my buddy the other day and he said "Oh you got ANOTHER volkswagen?" I handed him the keys and said "Yes.......Get In!!!" I tell him to not be shy and see what she can do and tell him hold off on shifting up about 2 secs longer than he normally would a regular "little 1.8l 5spd. Well as he gets to the top of 2nd gear he's giggling like a little schoolgirl and at the top of 3rd he's callin out for the Father of Jesus. He's in the market for a new car and about to put ink on a new V6 Maxima full load. Well we went staight to his local VW dealer and he went in and started asking all kinds of questions and tonite I'm sure he's on this board somewhere reading testimony from all the B5ers out there. Anyway I've done my good deed for the day and turned another infidel to see the light. I know it's nothing special to look at but it's mine and here's a pic. Thanks to all who helped me make my decision.

Grant

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congratulations!
I'm new here as well. Got my 2004 GLS on 1/31, and gotta admit that it really is fun to drive -- not boring at all! I found out also through Club B5 that VW and Audi are related. Now I don't know what to think: Is the Passat a poor man's Audi A4, or is the Audi A4 and overpriced Passat?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
hehe...A4 is likely an overpriced Passat....depends who you ask.

Just be sure you find a good mechanic for years to come on maintenance and service. Not sure how they do in your areas, but here in LA So Cal, there are very few VW Dealers worth dealing with. Keep good records.

I have to say the Maxima is a nice car...does lacks the character and the solid feel of a VW.

Enjoy and welcome!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Enjoyed the story but want the pics as well. All I see are red Xs. What color did you get? And if you think you're having fun now, just wait until you chip it. :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Findoggie said:
Well as he gets to the top of 2nd gear he's giggling like a little schoolgirl and at the top of 3rd he's callin out for the Father of Jesus.
Throw a chip in there and see what he says then.

When I first got my 1.8t, I thought the power was great, fun to drive, etc. But after two years, I got used to the power and, while still fun, I didn't get that "rush" feeling. So I got chipped two weeks ago.

Nothing like being in 2nd, doing 30mph, flooring it, and having the tires spin and struggle to grab onto anything all the way through the gear.

Like a brand new car again. :D

-Craig

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
eryky said:
Congratulations!
I'm new here as well. Got my 2004 GLS on 1/31, and gotta admit that it really is fun to drive -- not boring at all! I found out also through Club B5 that VW and Audi are related. Now I don't know what to think: Is the Passat a poor man's Audi A4, or is the Audi A4 and overpriced Passat?
Just a wolf in sheeps clothing :wink:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
nicce ride to start with :thumbup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats! :thumbup: would love to see pics though, just exactly how did you go about buying those red x's :lol: In all seriousness, Welcome and congrats again!

·
Registered
487 Posts
ksdesq said:
Enjoyed the story but want the pics as well. All I see are red Xs. What color did you get? And if you think you're having fun now, just wait until you chip it. :D
Ditto, just wait till that turbo is putting out 14psi of boost instead of the stock 8. 8)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah sorry about the pics...sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. If you right click it and copy and paste the url into the address bar you'll be able to view the pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
Findoggie
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing