Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up my 2000 gls 1.8t 5spd yesterday... this is the first time iv been to the computer since... needless to say im having alot of fun with it... i put almost 500 miles on in 2 days. I feel like im driving it too hard. what qualifies as too hard?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congratulations!

I tried to keep my car ('03 GL 5-speed) under 4000 rpm iat all times for the first 1000 miles or so. It's not easy to do that in first gear since it's so short, but I stuck to it pretty religiously.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
no such thing as too hard...these things love it 8)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can't stop either

Hey, I am a NEWB to the B5 too.

I have had my new (to me) 2000 1.8T variant for three weeks and cannot stand to get out (well I get out to visit my wife and kids every once and a while). I live just outside PSU. Perhaps I'll see you around. You'll rocognize me... :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
You'll know too hard when the engine blows right? I drive like Bo and Luke Duke, just without the Jumping and all, AND I don't slide over my hood, AND I don't climb in my window....AND I don't wear Wranglers...AND..well, I drive really hard, Yes, i've had to replace some things, nothing unussual, just a little premature. I got 76k and still pulls strong!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i know the first thousand miles.. but i forgot to mention it was used to me.. 30k i love it... how far outside PSU?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
planned is a key word as i am a poor college kid... first chip, then rims, suspension, brakes, and i like that zender3pc spoiler. and of course a sub or two. :thumbup: :?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am in Pleasant Gap- next town past the mall and prison.

What chips are you considering? I have been thinking about the Neuspeed. It is cheap and not too much boost to worry me about limp mode. I read somewhere that you have to run their filter, and their plugs not sure what I wanna do yet.

I tried to wait to get rims and tires but had to settle with putting on some good Dunlops on the stock alloy 15s.

I may think about do it yourself tinting but cannot find a 3m dealer who stocks it. The fishbowl looks a little too amish.

to get list-
OEM air filter
tt dv
new plugs- peppy boyz said OEM ones shouldn't need replaced till 120K! not too sure about that advice
tint
brakes
timing belt (my baby is over 60k)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts