Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i took off to go the golf course today.. had to drop a paper off at class.. get back to my car back up.. and then throw it in first and start goin again.. 4 inches later i feel like i just ran over a branch.. whoaaa i put on the brakes.. shrug it off and let the cluth up again.. RATTLE, RPMS no movement.. FU$% i get out of the car to find a circular type thing that is obviously broken in 3 or 4 differnet places and 3 ball bearings.. I suppose i am glad it happened now not after the 3 months warranty is up but WTF?!?! the dealer i got it towed too said it looked like a cvt or cmt joint or something. What do you guys think about this one?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same shit happened to me last Saturday. I was on a stop sign and as soon as I start moving I heard a terrible loud sound and the car just stopped. I found 2 bolts on a ground and a big aluminum piece…. :shock: That was a scary shit. Later on mechanic found out, that the axel bolts on the engine side unscrewed and the aluminum piece is just a cover/fender. So end up paying $33 for the cover, $6 for the bolts and $40 for labor to check and to put the axel back. What is happening than the axle brakes or unscrew on a highway…. :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
Now I’m going to check those bolts every 3K miles and this story pushed me to change a timing belt (I have no warranty and the car is almost 80K) as soon as possible – I do not want to hear similar sound again, but from my engine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just had a thought.. when the dealer gave me the car he gave me 2 switchblade keys and a regular one.. i never even thought to see if the regular one fit in the ignitin or the door.. is the service shop gonna be able to get in?

·
Registered
182 Posts
fuzyslipas said:
i just had a thought.. when the dealer gave me the car he gave me 2 switchblade keys and a regular one.. i never even thought to see if the regular one fit in the ignitin or the door.. is the service shop gonna be able to get in?
No need to worry. The "regular" key is the valet key. It will open the driver's door and the ignition. It will not fit the glove box, trunk or the lock to the remote trunk release.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
smc
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing