Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got into my car today, put on my seatblet, turned it on, flipped on the AC, and turned on my radio....my usual pre-drive routine. however, this time the radio didnt turn on. i pressed the button again....nothing. i pressed it AGAIN and noticed that the little red LED next to the on/off button blinks once after i press it and the radio does not go on. i thought this was peculiar because i assumed that LED was just for the anti-theft system. can anyone help me out? TIA :)

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
well, when your monsoon hu get's unplugged, it locks itself up. this is a theft prevension design. if the hu came with the car, the unlock code should be somewhere handwritten in your manual. doesnt seem like you bought it from someone else then installed it since you are not aware of the lock... good luck.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i bought my passat certified pre-owned about a month ago....i guess ill try to look for the code

not that i dont appreciate your help ycharlies, but does anynoe have any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i watched the ghey video that came with my car about how to re-code the radio. i found the sticker in my spare tire wheel well that S_Klass was talking about, but the problem is that i cant even turn my radio on to re-code it. i press the button, and the only thing that happens is the little red LED blinks once. why? why why why??????
pafc is gettin frustrated :mad:

i made an appoitment for service at my dealership today, but if this is somethign i can fix, there is no way im going there. so i humbly ask the CB5 masters for advice. TIA :)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
checked the fuses, that was the problem....i pulled the radio fuse out, gave it the ol' nintendo-isnt-working-so-blow-on-it deal, put the fuse back in, and viola, it works. so, i feel like an idiot and im sorry for wasting everyons time

·
Registered
503 Posts
Funny. The exact same thing happened to my wife's 02 GLS wagon on the same day as pafc. And, thanks to this posting, the exact same remedy fixed it. Weird. Anyway, thanks for the info!

By the way, I was impressed that my wife independently suggested the same repair. She noticed that the flashing of the red LED varied with bumps in the road, so she figured something like the fuse was loose.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
pafc said:
checked the fuses, that was the problem....i pulled the radio fuse out, gave it the ol' nintendo-isnt-working-so-blow-on-it deal, put the fuse back in, and viola, it works. so, i feel like an idiot and im sorry for wasting everyons time

the EXACT same thing happened to me a month ago

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83667

your radio is bad, go to the dealer and they will change it.
this is a known defect with the double din units
I have a new radio on order, it should be here by tuesday or wednesday.... just in time for my B2B to run out on thurdsay when i will hit 50k miles :nervous:

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
YetAnother20V said:
I am waiting for you in the boat Roger. I hit 50K 2 weeks ago! Bought an extended warr for up to 100K with the car though. Not sure if that bank still exists :nervous:

i got a 7 yr 75k mastergaurd warranty too. but i will hit 75k in about 6moths :(

but the extended warranty has a $50 deductable....
so try and get everything fixed before your 50k b2b runs out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.