Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 19" monitor that i paid dearly for when i bought my computer about 2 years ago died for good. Now i am on a like 13" 1992 monitor that sucks :mad: , i am going to get a new hopefully better monitor, i realy want to avoid going smaller then 19" since i am so used to that, i was thinking of getting a flat screen ( not plat panel) but i think a 19" flat screen would be $$$$. Anyone have any advise/opinions about good monitors??? Thanks

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
S_Klass said:
19" flat CRTs run less than $250 if you don't need a big brand monitor.
Yeah, I agree with S_Klass and I have both - a 19" CRT and a 17" Flat panel and while I enjoy the flat panel since it serves as both a monitor and t.v., I would suggest a CRT only because it's half the price and there's more viewing area. Check out www.newegg.com - they have some 19" CRT's under $200. Also too, there are some "short depth" CRT's on the market you can look around for as well - just a thought.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I have a flat 17" which has the same viewable area as a 19" CRT - I love it, but would like to trade it in sometime for the 20" widescreen apple monitor mmmmm. I bought mine new for about $450, and it has been really good. Nice to have my desk space - I think eventually CRTs will be extinct.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
idale said:
hotani said:
Nice to have my desk space - I think eventually CRTs will be extinct.
Probably will, just need the LCD technology to advance a bit more, since there's still some issues to work out before it'll be a very good choice for everyone. :)
I think that it will be professionals that will hold out the longest. right now current technology is excellent for 90 to 95% of the market. Graphics professionals, video editors, and extreme gamers are about the only ones who have needs beyond LCD's capabilities.

Espicially if you run DVI, accurate color reproduction is much better compared to Analog.

-Nick

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Marylandv6b599 said:
i was thinking of getting a flat screen ( not plat panel) but i think a 19" flat screen would be $$$$. Anyone have any advise/opinions about good monitors??? Thanks
also, lucky for you, alot has changed in the last two years.

witht he popularity of LCD displays, CRT prices have fallen through the floor.

This is what my friend is using:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1055388011517&skuId=5568361&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01011

$199 with free shipping (and Im sure if you looked around, you could probably get an even better price)

Its an excellent display, extremly sharp.

-Nick

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Just bought two Viewsonic G220FB 21" CRT Monitors. Best price/performance for your buck at Amazon. $437.24 SHIPPED :shock: !! Otherwise, get something that's capable of 1600 X 1200 at min. 75Hz refresh rate.

For LCD, Monitor Direct has some HOT deal on Hitachi LCD. Type in "celebrate" code for free shipping & "spring" for $10 instant discount. Also, they are currently having a HOT deal for Premium Warranty Service - 3 year Advance Replacement Warranty for $.01 ... yep ... that's 1-cent for 3 yrs of 24 hr Advance Replacement. Get it while it still on ! Best deal for brand name 17" LCD with DVI interface.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
TAckhouse1 said:
Marylandv6b599 said:
i was thinking of getting a flat screen ( not plat panel) but i think a 19" flat screen would be $$$$. Anyone have any advise/opinions about good monitors??? Thanks
also, lucky for you, alot has changed in the last two years.

witht he popularity of LCD displays, CRT prices have fallen through the floor.

This is what my friend is using:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1055388011517&skuId=5568361&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01011

$199 with free shipping (and Im sure if you looked around, you could probably get an even better price)

Its an excellent display, extremly sharp.

-Nick
that's a great choice! probably the best bang for the buck out there right now 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
D.Passat00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing