Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have the 1.8t AWM engine code and i cant get the boost controller to work I have a cts manual controller and i put a delete plug on the electric controller but i cant get the cts one to work. It will work fine if i unscrew it all the way and blow through it gets harder to blow and i know the lines are hooked up correctly i just cant get it to work and im getting very tired of having to extremely slowly accelerate to prevent it from going over 15psi

· Moderator/Administrator
26,198 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish?

If you want to control spikes by plumbing it in series with the N75, that's fine, but if you are taking the N75 out and replacing with an MBC to up the boost, it will not end well. You need a tune.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you trying to accomplish?

If you want to control spikes by plumbing it in series with the N75, that's fine, but if you are taking the N75 out and replacing with an MBC to up the boost, it will not end well. You need a tune.
I have it tuned but i wanna run only a manual boost controller but the problem is that the manual boost controller isnt controlling anything its hooked up correctly but it doesn’t control the boost no matter what i try

· Moderator/Administrator
26,198 Posts
Just trying to understand why you want to take control away from the ECU which is trying to manage boost according to the flashed tune. The only reason one should introduce a boost controller on the AWM is to limit the spike, not to solely control boost. The ECU will adjust other ways when the N75 is not producing the control the ECU expects to see. It was easier to use an MBC on the earlier engines like AEB and ATW. Not so much on the later AWM where both the DV and wastegate are electronically regulated with solenoids.

Can you provide a picture or drawing on how it is connected now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts