Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Heres the story........
Me and some friends are hanging out at another friends house one night and notice the huge log cabin across the street. We ask him if anyone lives there and he replies"no". I poke around a little more to find out my buddies parents are good friends with the guy that owns it so three weeks later, Sept. 02, me and three friends(its a big ass house are moving in). Everything is great...until Feb. It starts raining......IN MY ROOM, and closet!!!! My dresser is ruined, a lot of my clothes, and my room smells like mold :mad: . I call my landlord(his name is Bubba,no shit), and let him know what happened. I wasnt really mad about it though and just asked him to come fix it, didnt even ask him to pay me for damages. Anyways, its a year later and........its still not fixed but the kicker is, my heater went out last week!!! The middle of winter, its 10 degrees outside and I dont have heat! I went to my girlfriends house and called Bubba. He said hed be out to fix it(sound familar?). Here we are a week later and no heat. I call him yesterday and what did he say to me?
" Well, I was out there yesterday and couldnt fix it but I havent got your rent for this month so until I see that, I aint fixin nuthin" WTF! :mad:
My closet is still unuseable and my room reaks of mold and now I dont have heat but he wants me to pay rent!!!!! Am I crazy or is this unacceptable?I started looking for a new place and asked him if I could pay a electrition(sp) and get my stuff fixed. NOPE! He wants all of his rent. So Im throwing a HUGE party tonite to trash the place and moving my shit to a storage unit tomorrow.

I just love that house though. 4 bedrooms, 2 living rooms,8 acres of land in the woods. Sorry for the rant guys, Im just really upset Im leaving my beautiful house.

Brian

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I don't know what the law is in TN, but in the Northeast it is illegal not to have heat from Oct 1 to April 30 or something. If the landlord doesn't have someone there in 24 hours you can hire someone and just subtract it from the next months rent or withhold rent until it is fixed. As long as you are current on the rent he cannot demand the next months to fix something.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not going to trash the place....just venting. :roll:

I called the codes dept today and they are coming on mon. They told me the house will more than likely be condemed for the wiring of the house. either way, Im getting my stuff out tomorrow!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts