Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not looking good. I'm not all that surprised, so it could be worse. I went to an all-VW show in Milwaukee on June 4th and actually took 2nd Place in the class of stock B5/MK IV, and that's very likely the only trophy I'll ever get, and that's cool. What got my hopes, up, however, was a tag someone left in my car inviting me to join a FB group of Passat/CC owners in Wisconsin. It turns out that I'm 30+ years older than everyone else. That and the fact that I keep my Passat Bone Stock must have scared them off from doing a cruise/GTG. Some 51 people viewed my cruise proposal, and none responded.....Once, just once, it would be nice to find water-cooled VW people who didn't insist that your car has to be slammed, bagged, lowered, have a stereo that can be heard half a mile away, and have wheels that cost as much a I paid for my car! :banghead:

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Yeah that younger generation. Look who's calling the kettle black here. I'm lowered a bit but not SLAMMED.
Keep a look out for Steve in Chicago's GTG in the not so distant future. He had wanted to start a annual thing. I went last year.
Maybe you can swing down about an hour to the southwest of you, we're pretty normal guys.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be cool. Since then, 2 people responded to the FB thread, but only 1 answered my PM, and even he hasn't followed up. That's another thing that bugs the living hell out of me in regard to the younger generation: They have no concept of RSVP and just leave you hanging. I'll be on the lookout for the GTG you describe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts