Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I know by most people I shouldn't be complaining, but I am so bummed that some moron decided to ding my door. It was like they opened up their door and it bounced off my door twice. I originally thought I could buff out the marks, but when I did that is when I realized that they were dings. So, I just needed to vent and now I am better. Hoping that I can get them removed soon?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I just found my first door ding today after washing (not counting the dent where I was hit). It really does make me mad. I always park at the end of all the rows. I know it happened last night because I went to a crowded movie theater and had to park in whatever space I could find.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
redb5sdca said:
I have stopped obseesing over them now. Had none for quite a while now theres is one and a couple scratches. It is all down hill from here girl :wink:

Nick
Nick, I know, I know!!! I was just devastated that my baby got dinged. I am so careful parking my car. :cry:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have like 4 just on my driver's side front door... All are high profile dings hence trucks... :mad:

Not to mention bumper crushers in Boston and all those scratches and dings i have on front and rear bumpers!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Try the fairly recent process of removal of door dings. I took my old Volvo to a ding removal service for $40 per panel and they removed the dings that, unless the paint was chipped, now can't be identified. They use rods going through access holes or window slots and "massage" the ding from the other side.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
sorry to hear about that, some people are just so inconsiderate

·
Registered
179 Posts
Marie said:
Try the fairly recent process of removal of door dings. I took my old Volvo to a ding removal service for $40 per panel and they removed the dings that, unless the paint was chipped, now can't be identified. They use rods going through access holes or window slots and "massage" the ding from the other side.
PDR is the way to go I was quoted $600 to have a huge door ding, and a small dent removed by a body shop. PDR did it for about $100 the large one was at the top of the door were is curves up to the window. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Wow... living in NYC it took only 2 weeks before somebody dinged me. :mad: :lol:

Good luck.. and there is always counsiling available for you here at clubb5.

·
Registered
331 Posts
A couple of months after I got my B5, we had a huge hail storm. I had to sit and watch my baby get pummeled to death! I felt so helpless. But I was not going to get a concussion trying to get to it! LOL Big damn ice. Anyway, Dent Wizard fixed all the dents, most were in the roof, cost............

$2000! Damn! :shock:

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Can't be too much for a couple of door dings. I'd call Dent Wizards to see what they'd want for it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Speaking of the ding experience, I never had any when I was in Cali... probby due to the fact that the parking lots have wider spots. Once I moved to Maryland, I have 2 dings in the first month alone... probby more fat people here or something :p

Anyway, I called Dent Wizards and they attempted to pull out one of the bigger dings twice and the dude got lazy and didn't charge me anything. The guy wanted to drill holes from the side panel but I was against that, so they used a traditional method...I saw how they did it... which was basically using hotglue to stick a plug on the ding then pull it out....

Then I saw this kit made by DingKing at Target and it used a similar process with hotglue... with 10 attempts I managed to reduce the size of the ding. Best 20 bucks I spent :)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OH, I was so proud of having a nice shiny black car. When you see a car with door dings it takes away from the beauty! My dad was laughing at me saying "your going to give yourself an ulcer worrying about that!"........................LOL

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Skip on the Billy Mays Kits, Skip on the Wiz, look in your yellow pages normally under auto detailing and find an local independant shop, the outcome of the process depends solely on the skill level of the technician there is no magic machine, it is just a lot of tedious work. I am not saying that your local company will be better than the Wiz, just that your odds of getting a competent technician is better with the independant company. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Well, I'm impressed you went as long as you did without one! I have a plethora of them. As a matter of fact my niece opened the door of my wife's car in the garage and Wham! right into my rear quarter panel. I almost cried.

The enemy within the family that you never expect. And how can you be mad at a 6 year old? She's practically our mascot!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My first and only ding (thus far) was done within the first 3 weeks of ownership by my wife in our garage. :suspicio:

Once a "critical mass" accumulates, it's off to a PDR service -- they did a GREAT (and reasonable $$$) job on my last car just before I sold it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
burrsr said:
My first and only ding (thus far) was done within the first 3 weeks of ownership by my wife in our garage. :suspicio:
I have my girl park on the left for this very reason. She pulls in forwards, I back in; driver doors open on the outsides. No door-dongs yet.
*knocks on wood*

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm sorry to read about the ding, but 4.75 years without one is great! I've gone 2 years without any and I thought that was something.

Like some of the others, I've heard good things about the paintless dent removal process. If you try it, let us know how it worked. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
24 Participants
turtle
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing