Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my baby ;) but after seeing so many B5's with painted lowers it made me consider painting mine. But due to its "unique" color that changes from light blue to light green depending on the light lol im not sure if it would look right with painted lowers :hmmm: im also considering just painting the whole car....Any opinions?

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
I love that steering wheel! You dont see those often on US Passats. If you have the wood trim it goes perfectly.

Anyway, is your car a 99" I dont see that color much, and since the car is maybe 8 years older so it might be hard to match the color on the lowers.

·
Registered
518 Posts
very nice, there was a member that had a beautiful variant in that same color with painted lowers. it looked great!

get some new Hella projectors and get rid of those old yellow headlights :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx :cool: lol but yea, its a 99' and i think you may be rite about painting the lowers :banghead: i think this colorway is one of the most rare.....i've only seen about 3 cars on this site with the same color :(

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I love that steering wheel! You dont see those often on US Passats. If you have the wood trim it goes perfectly.

Anyway, is your car a 99" I dont see that color much, and since the car is maybe 8 years older so it might be hard to match the color on the lowers.
I think walmart carries that steering wheel if you want one ;):D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx....ppl never believe me when i tell them i paid under 4grand for it and spend only a grand on minor things to bring the car back to good condition ;)

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
I think walmart carries that steering wheel if you want one ;):D

Walmart ftw dood!!!1111!!!!ONE! :biglaugh:

VW made an OEM steering wheel that was wood like that one.

But wow, I can buy VW parts at walmart now....Now all I need is that pep boys boost gauge!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
if i wanted to paint the lowers do i have to repaint the whole car or can i just do the lowers? any idea how much it'll cost?
the can just get the lowers painted. prices vary from 400-700 from what ive heard of other members. Make sure go to a nice body shop so it is only done once! They will have to be sanded like mad, primed, sprayed with flex agents, and painted.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
car looks great..def agree on getting new headlights and new clear sidemarkers.. It will make the car look so much newer and wont cost you much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The inside of your car looks great. I have the same color, same year. Where did you have it detailed?I live in the MD area. I am trying to clean up the carpets.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i've never detailed my car, i bought it with nearly 90K on it, all i've ever done was wash the car and scrub the floor mats (when it comes to cleaning at least)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts