Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st off specs.

05 TDi waggon 60k unitronic stage 1 chipped, and cone filter, everything else engine wise is stock.

Last night when pulling into traffic (not at WOT) but hard on the throttle I heard a good POP, and then started dumping white smoke (A TON!!!) so I pulled over into the parking lot and shut it off. It was a quart low on oil. I thought it may have been a boost hose that I had had problems with before popping off, so I towed it home to fix. After taking off the pipe, oil poured out.(that must be where the oil went....) SO with that I decided to tow to my local shop. Before the truck got back to my home it had dumped the rest of the oil out in my garage via that hose.. It is behind the passenger fog and attaches just before the Turbo. the tup has a bunch of bends in it, and sits mostly vertical.

ANY suggestions?

TIA

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
me too. I had just given her royal treatment. full cut and buff, clear bra, paintless dent, coils etc.. and this is how she treats me.. bitch ;)

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Ouch...sorry to hear it bro....anytime oil leaks out like a river, it can't be good. Never knew TDI's were so bad with turbos. Upgrade time? :)

·
The Rubberband Man
3,552 Posts
Damn, son! What say BVA? You got got the dang thing, for cryin' out loud!

Perfect time for a t-bo upgrade like everyone has been saying. What have you found?

m

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn, son! What say BVA? You got got the dang thing, for cryin' out loud!

Perfect time for a t-bo upgrade like everyone has been saying. What have you found?

m
It is actually at futrell... and I am waiting back on the $ amount..

I will be sticking with the stock turbo... I don't want a ploommobile... the chip was very streetable and no more smoke that stock..

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
(Should i pick you up this Saturday? :( )
I will take the wifies A4 cab... if it is nice weather expect the top down an a big ole cuban burning in my mouth...

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE:

Soo the waggy is on the road again...

Got it back Saturday, removed the chip (until I can sort the cause) drove it home smoking the whole way home...

went to clean out the exhaust system, and blew the boost hose I have been having problems with off.

Had a buddy tow strap me home, and re-fixed the tube again.. Went out sunday to drive it again, and hose blew off again.. :mad: so I got a new hose Monday and re-installed... drove to get rid of oil in exhaust... and ploomed like a mofo for 40 or so minutes...

Didn't drive yesterday, and drove this morning.. Some smoke when not in boost. A whole bunch while in boost.. I have a feeling this will be killing my CAT soon... after driving I still have some oil pouring from my exhaust.. Oh joy.

Soon it will be all burnt up and I will be able to once again enjoy the car..

oh yeah.. just under 2k spent on it in a week in repairs = awesome :rolleyes:

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Great fun.

Are Garrett turbos more reliable, by any chance? Given the difficulty with sourcing K04's, if/when I have to replace my K03 I might just get a GT2X or something, and run it at K03/K04 boost pressure.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great fun.

Are Garrett turbos more reliable, by any chance? Given the difficulty with sourcing K04's, if/when I have to replace my K03 I might just get a GT2X or something, and run it at K03/K04 boost pressure.
the TDi runs a different one than the 1.8t. it is a garrett, but a verious vein style(sp?) hence the reason it was more expensive, and why I couldn't have it rebuilt.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts