Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my passat dyno run the other week thought i would post it up not bad i thought.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gt28rs, forge front mount ,550cc injectors ,full milltek with decat , panel filter, forge boost controller, forge dump valve, revo custom stage 3 remap ,bbm fuel pressure regulator, There was quite a bit of clutch slip on the run which i have upgraded last week to a sach perfomance clutch kit so car is back in tomorrow for another dyno to see if its improved will post up figures as soon as i get them.

·
Old Man Tan
3,685 Posts
gt28rs, forge front mount ,550cc injectors ,full milltek with decat , panel filter, forge boost controller, forge dump valve, revo custom stage 3 remap ,bbm fuel pressure regulator, There was quite a bit of clutch slip on the run which i have upgraded last week to a sach perfomance clutch kit so car is back in tomorrow for another dyno to see if its improved will post up figures as soon as i get them.
nice, man!
but if you can get the clutch to hold together, this setup is def. good for around 300 whp, maybe a little more.

·
Registered
26,987 Posts
It might be the clutch slipping, but the TQ drops off too much after 5K.

·
Registered
885 Posts
thats probably cause hes hitting peak boost too early, say its set to 18, it'll hit 18 at 5k and then stay at 18 and possibly drop off a lil through the rest of the RPM range. Thats why the tourque numbers fall off. the GT28 needs a bigger exaust housing, have it boost just a little later and pull hard on the high end and hit peak boost at redline is what is optimal for tourque #'s

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the results bhp still around the 270 mark but torque is up to 294.1 @4564 rpm so happy with that . i am still running the standard intake so thinking that if i get one of those atp 3 inch inlet pipes and the larger housing on the turbo maybe it will push the figures up a bit more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the latest figures really happy with them put one of those atp 3 inch inlet pipes on and made such a difference.On its first run it pulled 327 bhp but boost was running so high needed to be turned down. the only problem now is there is a weak spot around 3500rpm which will need addressing will have to look at the mapping and change fueling i guess. Once that is down will see if it gains anymore power. still on standard internals so probably dont want to go much further its got to on its limits now.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

·
Registered
26,987 Posts
I guess it was airflow holding the turbo back. Impressive results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No new mods turbo went bang a few weeks back so in the process of getting another from atp had only done 4000 miles on the turbo so something is wrong some where exhaust housing was cracked broke the impellers of the exhaust shaft too. think i should of uprated the exhaust mainifold it must be getting to hot and cracking the housing. bit gutted but should be sorted before to much longer .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts