Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Just use VAG-COM and log block 003. That'll give you the overall timing, also you can check the timing correction (block 02x I forget exactly which one). Also like fritznh suggested you should seriously consider water/meth injection. Not only will it allow you to run more timing but it gives you a safety net against melting your pistons if the A/F ratios get too high.

·
Registered
885 Posts
MPG is based off of injector duty cycle, if you change the injector the computer has no idea how much fuel is actually being used, just the amount of fuel that a normal injector should use
Sorry to bring up an old topic in this thread, but wouldn't a tweak on VAG-COM fix this? Or is there no setting to fix that..

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I have my ECU programed to run 630cc injectors. So it knows how much fuel its putting thorugh. I also looked into the water/meth injection, its alot of money but it seem very useful. But I would also put more power inside the block, so I would have to change the rods just to handle the extra power it would produce. Im already boarder line with my turbo and the boost Im running.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
because the program I got is among the best out there. Eurodyne in my opinion is untouchable. I just need to track down the problem. But is could have a lil to do with my clutch , which is beibg changed as we speak

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
yeah, I working on going to Bowling Green KY to meet some friends to get some rea ligit #'s for the car. Ill post asap when I get them. Sorry for the delay

61 - 72 of 72 Posts